Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have met Sandra a few times but got to meet Dan post dive Sunday night with some of the regulars. I don't think I introduced myself due to hypothermia and lack of social graces.....
Great id on the Cutlass fish, hope to see it there sometime (if I ever look up)
Mr Chen some friendly constructive criticism; your video is badly in need of editing, pick the best 5 seconds of a clip and go with that, it's not easy but preferable to the Blair Witch Project effect of shaky, run on video. Rarely will my videos exceed 5 minutes in total length, and usually am told it could be shorter, lol!:D
John

I guess that's an art I'll have to figure out. I actually have another 5 min of the seahorse on the move, 5 seconds wouldn't do it justice. Maybe 2 min since it was the highlight of the night, but I haven't had 2 min to even mess with it and wanted to get it up for Jim/Tim to see. When I have an hour to chop up and edit on the other stuff we saw that night, I'll see how close to 5 min I can get it. Wish me luck.

We had a nice dive today with very decent viz(a milky 20-25) and holding at 79F water temp. Saw seahorses, octos, flying gurnards,and a sort of trifecta of rays--eagle, southern, and a yellow! I upped my thermal protection by adding a Lavacore shirt. Got cold Saturday night.......

btw, who sponsored the dive Sunday night?

We had a nice dive today with very decent viz(a milky 20-25) and holding at 79F water temp. Saw seahorses, octos, flying gurnards,and a sort of trifecta of rays--eagle, southern, and a yellow! I upped my thermal protection by adding a Lavacore shirt. Got cold Saturday night.......

btw, who sponsored the dive Sunday night?

Force-e. I thinkit was a mistake they wanted just Sat but they just went with it. Probably less than 15 divers. Was nice.

I had an incredible magical dive this morning. Saw three spotted eagle rays (or the same one x3), 3 sh's (that's my index finger in pic 4), 2 octopuses, two jawfish with eggs and a manatee! Viz was a good 25-30 ft, clean blue water, temp 79.

View attachment 171463 View attachment 171464 View attachment 171465 View attachment 171466 View attachment 171467 View attachment 171468

Damn, I'm jealous!!! Reeally wanted to go, but when I tried to wake up my wife this morning(we had talked about it the night before), well ... let's just say, I didn't exactly get a favorable response, sooo ...

BTW, how do you find something about the size of your fingernail?? Without that in the pic I would have never realized, how small that Seahorse really was ...

can you call in sick tomorrow? :D

MrC
No doubt editing is a time consuming pain but a necessary evil.
Having been lucky enough to work with some video pros I can say the five second rule is a good goal (though my greatest struggle).
I learned from a book a friend recommended on film editing that the 5 seconds rule comes from the average time interval a person blinks. Next time you see anything on TV or a movie count one one thousand to five one thousand and you will be amazed the angle or scene changes every 5 seconds.
That said, if you have 105 seconds of a seahorse birthing (or poo) and it is great behavior, keep it in but 14 minutes of unedited video needs a disclaimer.
Good luck and see you out there.
John

ps: check the motto on the bottom

BTW, how do you find something about the size of your fingernail?? Without that in the pic I would have never realized, how small that Seahorse really was ...

I don't know ... I just see them. But I had to wait a very long time for him to get used to me enough to put my finger in the photo. If it makes you feel any better in all my dives at BHB (probably 300+) I've only found a nudibranch once and I've never ever managed a post-worthy photo.

I couldn't call in sick this morning but......

sigh

If it makes you feel any better know that if I couldn't dive with you this morning I wasn't going to call anyone else. So I went solo. Today was my last window of opportunity before I leave for my T-day trip. I won't get back up there before December. That sounds so far away!!!

I didn't know you needed special permission to dive there at night. Had a nice solo night dive there and no one bothered me but this guy. :)

[video=youtube;cc6wFx5IOtI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc6wFx5IOtI[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom