Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, there is a lionfish in the sailboat under the east span. Very skittish...

Wondering if you may be on to something. I went back and looked at the photos again. The radiating blue lines from the mouth are missing as is the dark blotch on the dorsal fin. I checked the REEF ID book, page 318, and there is a photo similar to Tim's. (no blotch, no radiating blue) Go figure...:shakehead:

Wondering if you may be on to something. I went back and looked at the photos again. The radiating blue lines from the mouth are missing as is the dark blotch on the dorsal fin. I checked the REEF ID book, page 318, and there is a photo similar to Tim's. (no blotch, no radiating blue) Go figure...:shakehead:

Had similar thoughts about the same pic. I know that seaweeds wear a wide variety of outfits.

Finding that arrow shrimp proves that yer some kind of wizard or something.

A little eye of newt and bats toes ground up and turned into a potion goes a long way to finding little critters! :Wizard:

Based on that picture on P318, I would hazard a guess that they are seaweed blennies...

Based on that picture on P318, I would hazard a guess that they are seaweed blennies...

Way out of my league, but Ben Victor seems to lean towards Hypleurochilus springeri, the Orange-spotted blenny.

I had the opportunity to make two great dives at BHB this week during my visit to Palm Beach. Scuba Jenny is a great guide and a fun dive buddy, I can't thank her enough. We did the night dive on Thursday and then got up early the next morning to see the place in the sunshine. Got to meet MrChen and djtimmy77 as we made our way to shore after the night dive. So many firsts for me! Octupi, sea horses, electric ray, nudis, and various crabs and weird starfish. Also saw a massive stingray and got attacked by a fierce little Sergeant Major. I'm going to try to put up some pics, although they are not even close to the quality you folks usually post. Can't wait to come back in the future.

---------- Post added February 17th, 2014 at 09:36 AM ----------

Okay, here are my rather poor attempts at photos. My camera did not focus well on macro shots, but the further ones aren't too bad.

My first ever seahorse:

qyvuhama.jpg

Stone crab:

6u8a6yry.jpg

Sea Robin:

yhujuty2.jpg

Garden Eels:

y3uranyq.jpg

Highhat:

bupugyna.jpg

Juvi French Angel:

avazeqy9.jpg

Another seahorse:

4ytuzu9y.jpg

Male Hairy Blenny:

tevaberu.jpg

Spooky shot under the East Bridge:

y5yjybaq.jpg

Sharptail Eel and Wrasse:

ytu2eten.jpg

Starfish:

uhy5ery8.jpg

Various:

ymuge7at.jpg

Rainbow Parrotfish:

ehehasu2.jpg

Stoplight Parrot:

6ygyje6e.jpg

Barracuda and Jelly:

une2eryr.jpg

Thanks to Scuba Jenny for help with the IDs.

Nice, you got to see quite a bit.

---------- Post added February 17th, 2014 at 01:12 PM ----------

And yes, that East bridge is a bit spooky. I was afraid of going under it my first time.

That's funny. I don't think of it as spooky.. then I recalled the first few times under the bridge.. Ok, yeah. it can be spooky...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom