Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree with you though, that wasn't a frog fish. I'm struggling to ID the fish since I didn't get video of it. The more I look online, the harder it's getting to remember the details of the fish.

If it was the guy near the end of the video, I'd guess barbfish. They tend to walk with their fins. I'd thought they were plumed scorpionfish, but the big boys tell me they're more likely barbfish. Enjoyed the video. Almost as spooky as being there.

Thanks. It's not him, unfortunately my camera was locked up and I didn't get him. I also had a cool shot of me swimming behind a darker colored ray, maybe 18 inches in diameter. It was a very active fun night.

---------- Post added March 3rd, 2014 at 08:57 AM ----------

jenb, 3 of us plan to dive the bridge Tuesday the 4th--join us if you are available. MrChen, hi tide is 10:22am, so bag the morning at work and come on down!

I will look for the eels in my bible of the sea.......

I'm already taking Wednesday off to do a drift dive :/

Could I get viz and water temp please? Thanks!

Yesterday morning was a comfortable 75 on my computer...Viz was 30plus at the beginning of the dive and dropped to 20ish at the end.

1 seahorse, pipefish, a HUGE peacock flounder, a really cool sponged-up decorator crab, and the assorted other usual suspects....no octos though, and couldn't find any PFFs.

Yesterday morning was a comfortable 75 on my computer...Viz was 30plus at the beginning of the dive and dropped to 20ish at the end.

1 seahorse, pipefish, a HUGE peacock flounder, a really cool sponged-up decorator crab, and the assorted other usual suspects....no octos though, and couldn't find any PFFs.

Thanks Bill. Did you get a pic of the peacock flounder? I could use it.

Does anyone have a conditions report from this morning?

UGH... I am such a bonehead. Forgot my camera top flash. Waiting to hear from Phil, but if not does someone have a camera top Oly flash I can borrow?

OK heard from Phil, crisis averted!

Last edited:
Planning on going there tomorrow.. will send a report, Jet..

Wow the ocean is flat, should translate into awesome conditions at the BHB! You guys have fun today, and I guarantee I'll be sitting at my desk jealous of your dive! I expect reports of crazy critter sightings and tons of pics!

Went out to video some great hammerheads yesterday and coming back thru the inlet around one there was a nasty swell and a lot of brown water along the beach.
Ocean was beautiful but vis about 40 ft out in 90 feet of water. Hope it is good today for Jenny and the folks there. It wasn't stellar Monday but still fun!
Timmy are you a Dad yet???
John

The LWI webcam has shown clear water all morning so BHB conditions were likely very nice.

No baby yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom