Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
?? Thinking of driving up Friday. Seas are really strong here in the Keys. Will the beach be affected by these winds?
Thnx
The beach is well-sheltered, I think it'd take a thunderstorm to whip up big waves. The most likely source of waves at BHB are the boats.

BHB is my backup plan if I'm blown out in the Keys.

The beach is well-sheltered, I think it'd take a thunderstorm to whip up big waves. The most likely source of waves at BHB are the boats.

BHB is my backup plan if I'm blown out in the Keys.[/QUOTE

The next few days here in the keys look pretty rotten. Might be time for Bhb/Johnny longboats

Here is one pic from this past Monday, 5/5/14.

DSC05630.jpg

81 degree water today, multiple computers agree! Nice dive with about 20 ft of viz and sorta milky. I saw another octo in a bottle, but this one was larger and muscular....the bottom was broken out of a bottle and this guy took up residence! 4 small eels foraging, a gaggle of Sailfin Blennys gave me a wave. I saw an itsy bitsy pipefish out front in 4-5 ft of water as well as a black seahorse.

We will be at the Bridge today for our 4th BHB dive. Hubby is trying out his new BP/W. We haven't been in the water since November. Yay! Excited.

Well that is some cool sunny day, great visibility video but in the interest of fairness how about some dark, outgoing tide, hanging on by your fingernails material.....
Thank you Stumpy:D:D:D
John

Foraging Gold Spotted Snake Eel on Vimeo
Nice video.. love how the tail doesn't seem to trail the body, but have a mind of its own... cool. Nice find.

Interestingly I read they utilize a head - tail feeding technique where there tear up the bottom with their tail while the head whips down eating anything stirred up.
Didn't see that so perhaps he was disadvantaged in that department.....
John

FYI Looks like the waves on the beach are a lot bigger than predicted today. Vis won't be 40' however it should still be decent due to the east wind blowing in the clear water. Will likely have a fair amount of suspended sand. My guess is 15-20' today. Let's see if I am right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom