Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just got back from four days of diving the bridge. I met up with Bilsant, from SB and made two dives with him. Thanks Bilsant!! Met Scubajenny, but didn;t get the chance to dive with her, sadly. I soloed for two dives and found plenty, but not what I was really hoping to see....froggies, seahorses and pikeblennies eluded me. Here are some of my shots with my new rig, which I think I like!

This nudi was the size of a grain of rice. I can't believe I saw it, much less got a pic of it.

Loved this filefish

Sea spider? A near miss

I could shoot the comical blennies all day long!

---------- Post added July 28th, 2015 at 11:47 AM ----------

Hopefully, I will get around to working with my photos in PS. But, until then, here are a few more

Flatworm

Nudis

Two species feeding side by side

A domestic??

My GOD!! Why do I keep going back to Lembeh and Ambon, when we have this right here? I WILL be going back! I am now a Blue Heron Bridge Troll!

---------- Post added July 28th, 2015 at 11:51 AM ----------

I almost forgot my friend who followed me a long time and kept admiring himself in his reflection in my port

I’m planning on driving up from Miami to make a dive this afternoon. High tide is at 6:54 PM, and Sunset is at 8:10. I figure to splash around 5:00, and be gone just before the park closes. Would be glad to give lay-of-the land pointers to those who’d care to listen, or just say “hi” to most anyone. Diving in all black, wearing small Jet Fins and hauling around a big black camera housing with a pair of Inon strobes on bendy arms if you see me UW. Show me a squid or seahorse, and I’ll owe you a substantial favor. Topside, I’ve got one of only a hand-full of white Subaru Foresters that have Florida plates. It’s fun to find a scrawled message on your windshield when you come back from a dive, so please leave me one if we don’t get to speak. It’s even nicer if that missive is written on a bank note. Safe diving all.

I wish I had seen this sooner! If you're doing any more dives over the next 3 wks, please post again as I'll be here until the 17th.

Maybe I will leave a witty note on a voided bank note.I plan on being there too. I will be dressed in black with black fins too!Not looking for too much specific, perhaps some binzas or clenchis like people have been seeing lately

We were fortunate enough to hit BHB Tuesday of last week and was shocked at the multitudes on the beach and in the water. We have never seen so many people there.

This was our 10th time back and had a great time regardless. I found my first striated frogfish, actually 3 of them on the west side, all near each other and spent almost 30 min watching and video taping them. Still have to download the video.

I had a lot of funny looks and a lot of thumbs up with my sm set up and the little LP50s. :cool2:

Well, I just got back from four days of diving the bridge. I met up with Bilsant, from SB and made two dives with him. Thanks Bilsant!! Met Scubajenny, but didn;t get the chance to dive with her, sadly. I soloed for two dives and found plenty, but not what I was really hoping to see....froggies, seahorses and pikeblennies eluded me. Here are some of my shots with my new rig, which I think I like!

This nudi was the size of a grain of rice. I can't believe I saw it, much less got a pic of it.

Loved this filefish

Sea spider? A near miss

I could shoot the comical blennies all day long!

---------- Post added July 28th, 2015 at 11:47 AM ----------

Hopefully, I will get around to working with my photos in PS. But, until then, here are a few more

Flatworm

Nudis

Two species feeding side by side

A domestic??

My GOD!! Why do I keep going back to Lembeh and Ambon, when we have this right here? I WILL be going back! I am now a Blue Heron Bridge Troll!

---------- Post added July 28th, 2015 at 11:51 AM ----------

I almost forgot my friend who followed me a long time and kept admiring himself in his reflection in my port

Nice shots!!!! The first nudi is a chromodoris clenchi. Yes, that is a sea spider. Sweet finds! Come on down again soon. I'd love to dive with ya!

Ocean Eyes, looked for a white forester but didn't see it, of course I had to park in the middle section by the time I got there.

84-86°F, 20ft vis, east side.

Here are some shots:

jpeg-7524.jpg

jpeg-7532.jpg

jpeg-7556.jpg

jpeg-7563.jpg

jpeg-7484.jpg

jpeg-7486.jpg

jpeg-7500.jpg

jpeg-7513.jpg

jpeg-7479.jpg

Nice.. you found a chromodoris!

Allison, as of now I am planning on being in town.

I actually found three different ones but only got a couple decent photos

I hope to dive BHB on the evening of August 10th. Is anyone planning to be there around that time? I'd love to get some pointers from people that have dove this site before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom