Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dived the other night also. Good dive but my last night dive there was spectacular...one of my all time best dives. I love night dives. Having said that I'm not a fan of a day night dive which the recent Force-E dives have been. I want to enter the water in total darkness and have the complete dive under cover of darkness. I believe there is more going on.
At the last meetup Jet and I talked to Dean and Shana (spelling?), owners of Pura Vida, about a night dive. If we have at least 4 divers I believe the cost would be $45/ diver. They will customize the hours to what we want. Anybody interested? Jet, help me out here with the details.

Is there a set charter price, so if there are more than 4 the price is reduced? Say if there are 8 divers it is $22.50? (or round up to $25)

Apologies for butting in, but if the price gets down to $25, I'm definitely good for two divers.

I dived the other night also. Good dive but my last night dive there was spectacular...one of my all time best dives. I love night dives. Having said that I'm not a fan of a day night dive which the recent Force-E dives have been. I want to enter the water in total darkness and have the complete dive under cover of darkness. I believe there is more going on.
At the last meetup Jet and I talked to Dean and Shana (spelling?), owners of Pura Vida, about a night dive. If we have at least 4 divers I believe the cost would be $45/ diver. They will customize the hours to what we want. Anybody interested? Jet, help me out here with the details.

I'm fairly certain it was per person, regardless of number of divers. Their minimum is 4 - can't remember max on the boat. 12? And they were very flexible on times, so even like a late 10:00 or 11:00pm high tide could be accommodated with enough notice.

Little Deeper charges $35 per person, minimum 6 and I don't think go out any later than 8:30 or 9:00. But I haven't talked to them in over a year so that may have changed.

After I got home that day I looked at the tide tables for Friday and Saturday nights between then and the end of September. There wasn't a good tide when I wasn't working, out of town, or Force E already scheduled a free dive. The whole point is to avoid the crowd, so I haven't pursued it any further. Once we get into fall and I know my schedule a little further out I may be willing to commit to a Fri or Sat night.

But I'm sure that whoever puts a boat night dive together will have NO trouble finding enough interested people.

I had a nice little dive today with ScubagirlJ and some friends from TX. Didn't see anything spectacular (of course our guests loved everything). But the water was FULL of moon jellies and those walnut jelly-thingies. Really almost impossible to not bump into them. I got zapped on my ear by something. I don't think it was a moon or walnut but some other sort of stinging hydroid.

The lifeguard and I blamed Emily.

That's the word on the street. You were with Kat and Co.?

So theres no diving past sundown at bhb, unless by boat?

Force is does host night dives every once in a while, but they don't do true ''night'' dives?

Am I correct?

Just putting an early shout out. Next Sunday the 14th, high tide will be 9:19am.
I'd like to hook-up with others. Who could show me the BHB way. Or will this be a bad idea because the pool will be full of scuba newbies.

DocIndy, It's early enough you should find parking with no problem. But, as you said there could be a lot of students. We try to avoid weekends, but then WORK no longer interferes with diving for us!!

Do any regulars know if they will be diving August 15th-22nd at BHB?

:D
Msg me if you're willing to show a new yorker (who is moving to FL) the ropes, and the road to Trollhood

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom