Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like some of those divers kicked the bottom for you to get that artistic "snowing seahorse" look.
Great shot none the less.

Give me a freakin break. I feel like the Japanese deck crew chiefs at the battle of Midway. 30 pound wing or 18 pound wing. Torpedos or bombs. Steel plate or aluminum plate.

Back to torpedoes again? More wasted time!

OK, you BHB frozen divers--what is the water temperature and viz?? We are thinking of diving Monday or Tuesday..............should we be??

Wah, I want 77F.

It should be 84: but it may be 72-74........
anyone wants to hang 3 hours barely moving in that temp with this frozen diver will wish he was diving dry!
:D:D:D Oh, vis = highly variable

hope that helps,
seriously should be pretty nice, I wait for Jim's daily report.....
John

It should be 84: but it may be 72-74........
anyone wants to hang 3 hours barely moving in that temp with this frozen diver will wish he was diving dry!
:D:D:D Oh, vis = highly variable

hope that helps,
seriously should be pretty nice, I wait for Jim's daily report.....
John

I was diving dry on Wednesday with a minimum temp of 74.5 but viz was 5-8 at best.
Lots of batfish out and about and a group of divers who swarmed a certain critter, poor thing must have been stressed beyond belief. Only saw one octopus wonder if they are nesting, or just due to poor viz.
It was not a day for photography but any day spent diving is a day well spent.

Two hour solo dive today: 75 degrees and viz 25-30 ft. Noteworthy for two reasons: my new seavision prescription mask arrived this morning. Holy Crap! There are a lot of little critters out there!!! I hate my camera. Today I saw all the things my camera cannot focus on. And ... I saw my first frogfish of the season.

All I'm gonna say is there were two jawfish in this hole
4-27 1.jpg

4-27 2.jpg

out in the middle of NOWHERE. Teeny tiny. Maybe an inch long. I only show it because I would NOT have seen it w/out my new mask!
4-27 5.jpg

Meet "Red"
4-27 6.jpg 4-27 7.jpg 4-27 8.jpg

p.s. And I swear I saw Bilsant driving one of those big-a$$ monster trucks w/the huge tires into the Bass Pro parking lot as I was leaving igfa this morning ...

Last edited:
The new hole that I had seen a jawfish in on my last three dives was very empty.
I observed numerous wrasse going into the hole almost all the way then back out.
Appeared to be feeding on something left over. Oh my, say it aint so ! Very nice viz
under the small bridge. I showed 78F for a temp. Did a late afternoon shore dive at
vista park and had fairly flat seas and a slightly cloudy 30 ft. on the viz but very
diveable with a very light south to north current. dive, dive, dive...

Sorry Jet, wasn't me...though I AM at Basspro pretty regularly.

You know I drive an Element.

I don't have a monster truck...but even a humble Honda can have dreams...

monster element.jpg

Feels like forever since I dove BHB. Been busy at work...me and my coworker team checked in 27 "clients" Weds and Thursday.

Hey! I just reread your comment. Were you saying you thought you saw me and I looked like I was "out of my Element"?

Hi everyone,
Last year in June we had a wonderful dive party at Blue Heron Bridge. Making new friends and having wonderful diving and food. So, Well we are planning another dive party at Blue Heron Bridge for October 20th 2012. We are asking that if you are able to attend to bring a dish to pass around. That way we can all enjoy a great get together, diving and eating. Please remember there is no alcohol allowed at the bridge picnic area.
The dive time is 1pm that day.
We will have more information posted as it gets much closer to the dive party.
We are also asking that you please RSVP to us and let us know how many of you will be coming.
We are hoping we are able to see a lot of Scuba Board friends and families there again this year.
Have fun and safe diving all
MedFlame03
Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom