Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone who lives up that way please post a condition report today or tomorrow? I'm thinking about hitting an early morning tide later this week but don't fancy diving in pea soup.

Thanks!
jet
Jet,
Hang on a bit...the waves in the ocean are huge, and at a good angle to shore...meaning lots of erosion and sand transport ( longshore drift) and this will place massive clouds of sand and silt in front of the inlet mouth.....The incoming tide will then pull the milky and silty water in, and vis will be very bad for at least 24 hours after the waves subside...they are not subsiding yet :)

We will jump in on the first day it looks like there is any shot at some vis...
Also, as DD alluded to earlier, all the dumping water from canals will mean horrific coliform counts on OUTGOING TIDES and haloclines beyond belief :)
The first few days we start again, we will want to get out of the water the moment the tide starts to go out.

awwwhh c'mon.. it'll be fun!! :D :D

yeah. Something like that... :D

I'm hearing "video" and "rebel' but seeing stills....
Glad you found the yellow headed jawfish (location undisclosed) but it involved a street marker for easy reference....
Towards the tidal switch he was mad action catching food on the out going tide!
May even edit the "video" someday....
John

Shamed me into it, albeit in a rather lazy manner. :D Yellowhead Jawfish - YouTube
(the editing, not the shaming) :D
Kevin

Last edited:
But it worked. Good stuff.
Now shorten it, remove any out of focus bits and slap on a soundtrack and editing just gets fun...

But it worked. Good stuff.
Now shorten it, remove any out of focus bits and slap on a soundtrack and editing just gets fun...

You seem to have missed the "lazy" part. :D And, if I remove the out-of-focus bits there'd be nothing left!

BTW, these guys were wandering around last weekend along with the grackles and pigeons.

IMG_4391wa.jpg

Last edited:
You seem to have missed the "lazy" part. :D And, if I remove the out-of-focus bits there'd be nothing left!

BTW, these guys were wandering around last weekend along with the grackles and pigeons.

View attachment 133995
Good lord, your branching out from parking lot blackmail photos to birds, sounds like somebody has time to edit.......
LOL!:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom