Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
underwater photography magazine was released today, a free pdf download at uwpmag.com with my cover photo taken at the bridge in july. I also have two articles in the magazine with other bridge images.

Phil rudin

way to go phil!!

We ended up going this morning and it wasn't bad at all. About 10 foot vis but we still saw lots (as usual under the bridge). We forgot about Dan's advice when the afternoon boat trip was cancelled and went back to check out the new snorkeling trail It was disgusting for lack of a better word by that point. We didn't stay long. There were at least 30 divers there at high tide. Thanks for the advice!

We went by around 1pm and the water looked very dirty.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346545682.871167.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346545768.634826.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346545818.382991.jpg

We went Saturday and Sunday. Sunday vis was 10-15 feet on East side. We had a good dive (besides the fact that I was intentionally hooked by 2 fishermen). Thank goodness for gloves and wetsuits. We had our flag and were close together. I felt a tug on my hand and had a hook through my glove. Also had a different line around my leg. My husband cut the line, we came up, and 2 guys had the attitude that we were in their space. In retrospect, I wish I had snapped their picture but didn't think about that at the time. We flew back home to Memphis this morning. Since we were only there 2 days, I am glad we tried the diving. There were probably about 30 divers there each day. Just get out when the tide turns.

Some people are really hooked on diving!! Take care, we hope to see you next time! We've seen the viz be even less--2 or 3 ft, but never that color--and they're still flooded west of the bridge! It is being pumped out, but what a mess............

Underwater Photography magazine was released today, a free PDF download at UWPMAG.com with my cover photo taken at the bridge in July. I also have two articles in the magazine with other bridge images.

Phil Rudin

Congrats!

Good morning, afternoon, evening everyone.
icosm14.gif

Time for a new update
icosm14.gif

Well only a month away for the Dive Party and Festivities for 2012.
I know I am so much looking forward to talking to all my friends and making new ones.
icosm14.gif

As you all know we are going to be going on a Dive Charter with Ocean Divers. I need to start getting a count on who all is going to go with us. I am hoping we are able to get a full boat. I talked to Ocean Divers again today and they gave me the rates for the dives. They are as follows: 9 to 16 people it is $70, 17 to 24 is $65, and 25+ is $60. I have to let them know how many people we are going to have two weeks before we would sail. I have to have the down payment to them to reserve the boat. As of right now we are the only ones that will be on the boat.
The itinerary is staying the same.
the 18th - Arriving and doing some site seeing.
19th - Relaxation Day and go to Harry Harris Outlet. Dinner, watching the gorgeous sunset and music.
20th is Dive/party at Blue Heron Bridge, West Palm, FL , We are able to dive at 12:45pm and We will have the picnic afterwards.
21st Beach and site seeing in Key Largo.
22nd Dive Charter.... The Christ of Abyss and North Dry Rock Reef.
23rd Lauderdale by the Sea. ..... 2 dives.
24th Swim with the dolphins.
On unfortunately I have to leave after the dives on the 23rd. I have to go to Tennessee to some very close friends of mine. My one friend is dieing of liver disease and I would never forgive myself if I didn't go over to see them.
If you have any questions, Please feel free to contact me and I will try to help you.
Have a wonderful day, Have fun and Please be safe .
MedFlame03
aka Karen

Just an update on BHB 9-4-12

Started the dive at about 11:00am Tide change was 11:27. Current was strong, but vis was not horrible, the blue has started to return to the water. Alot of life, but also alot of particles in the water still. During the dive, the vis went from about 20ft to 10ft by the end. Stayed on the west side during the trip. Everything is staying under the pylons right now but some fish would venture out to check us out as we made our way past them. Hopefully the spillway closes soon and the water will get back to its normal vis and color.

Chase

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom