Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my way down now Joe. Will PM

---------- Post Merged at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:04 PM ----------

What I overheard at the BHB today:

"Dad, where are we going to put those sea urchins we collected"?

"Let's keep the sand dollars in water so they don't break"

Ughhh!

On my way down now Joe. Will PM

---------- Post Merged at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:04 PM ----------

What I overheard at the BHB today:

"Dad, where are we going to put those sea urchins we collected"?

"Let's keep the sand dollars in water so they don't break"

Ughhh!

A good reply would be something along the lines;
How about keeping them in the shade under that big sign that says: No Collecting
:D:D:D

A good reply would be something along the lines;
How about keeping them in the shade under that big sign that says: No Collecting
:D:D:D

Unfortunately, they've modified the 'No Take' signs to read 'Commercial collection of marine tropicals is prohibited....' Kinda gives the hobbyists a free pass.

Unfortunately, they've modified the 'No Take' signs to read 'Commercial collection of marine tropicals is prohibited....' Kinda gives the hobbyists a free pass.
I wonder why they would modify the signs, the sign that was there less than a month ago read:
"The Collection of Tropical Fish (by any means) Is prohibited.".

Personally I thought the sign should read as follows with strict enforcement:
"The Taking of ANY Sealife from Phil Foster Park and it's boundries is punishable by (You Fill In The Blank)".

Attachments

• 19AUG2012 059.jpg
    19AUG2012 059.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 216
I didn't think that spearguns were even aloud at BHB. Isn't there something the park rangers can do about that even before they get into the water? I know they have to be where the person that has the speargun. But I would think if we see someone there with it even if it is just laying there on the land, can't they do something about it?

I didn't think that spearguns were even aloud at BHB. Isn't there something the park rangers can do about that even before they get into the water? I know they have to be where the person that has the speargun. But I would think if we see someone there with it even if it is just laying there on the land, can't they do something about it?
I am pretty sure dumpster diver and Reck diver ( both of which like to defend what they consider "legal collecting or spearing") would agree that you can not legally wade into the water from any beach in the BHB area, with a polespear or speargun. It does not matter if the spearfisher plans on swimming to far away from the BHB, they can't enter or exit with the gun in the water.
I believe if they had a kayak or paddleboard, and the gun was tied down/stowed, whatever, they could launch at BHB, but could still NOT spear in the park waters.

Last edited:
There were two clowns spearing the last time I was there; the guy collecting trash said something to them and they scampered before anyone found an actual LEO

So if say I would be there and see the speargun at someones area, I can report them? Would LEO be able to do something about it even though they are not in the water with it?
I will never understand people why they must think they have to destroy something so beautiful and enjoyable to so many people and with what the Good Lord above created. Last year when I was down there in June, there were two guys with nets trying to catch fish, I was hoping to see someone to report them but I couldn't find anyone. Is there a way to contact the LEO from the area of the bridge? I know I will be back down to BHB on October 20, 2012 with friends and divers from SB and of course everyone is invited to join in. I do have a post about it. If I see it again, I am most certainly going to try and get a hold of someone to see if we can stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom