Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did the bridge again today. 77 degrees and over 40 feet of vis in the clear areas, with the bad areas being about 15 feet. Over 25' average. We did the new trail and the East side today. LOT's of fish, many full size and of course lots of juveniles.

Great day to be diving!

We did the bridge again today. 77 degrees and over 40 feet of vis in the clear areas, with the bad areas being about 15 feet. Over 25' average. We did the new trail and the East side today. LOT's of fish, many full size and of course lots of juveniles.

Great day to be diving!

How was that new trail?

How was that new trail?

Covered in algae. Lot's of fish, not much in the way of critters. I think that will come after the coral, sponges, and other life get established.

It was a good day to do them though. Last time we tried we couldn't find them all in the poor vis. This time it was easy to go from one to the next because of the great vis.

Covered in algae. Lot's of fish, not much in the way of critters. I think that will come after the coral, sponges, and other life get established.

It was a good day to do them though. Last time we tried we couldn't find them all in the poor vis. This time it was easy to go from one to the next because of the great vis.

Just take a compass and go E or W and you can't miss the trail. That's what I did in poor vis one day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just an update from this past weekend. When I was coming out the lifeguard asked me to chase down 2 divers that submerged in the swim area. The lifeguard told them that they could surface swim, but could not decend or have reg. in mouth in the swim area. When I questioned the lifeguard a little more, he mentioned that when the lawyers get involved things get complicated. I don't know if this has been an ongoing issue or soemthing that just came up here recently. But just wanted to pass it on. As he made it very clear that if we kept doing this we could lose our privlages diving at the bridge. Wanted to post this sooner but needed to post from a computer, as typing from my phone, as may as well be typing with my toes.

Just an update from this past weekend. When I was coming out the lifeguard asked me to chase down 2 divers that submerged in the swim area. The lifeguard told them that they could surface swim, but could not decend or have reg. in mouth in the swim area. When I questioned the lifeguard a little more, he mentioned that when the lawyers get involved things get complicated. I don't know if this has been an ongoing issue or soemthing that just came up here recently. But just wanted to pass it on. As he made it very clear that if we kept doing this we could lose our privlages diving at the bridge. Wanted to post this sooner but needed to post from a computer, as typing from my phone, as may as well be typing with my toes.

No diving inside the guarded area is nothing new. There is a lot of useful information on the Palm Beach Cty Phil Foster Park website:

Phil Foster Park

Also check out CoolTech's jamminbeach.com and Wade's page.

The same lifeguard politely corrected my behavior on Sunday.

I've been kicked out of the swim area...twice (events about a year apart, which shows my memory isn't what it used to be). As a former lifeguard, I completely agree with the rule. It's tough enough watching the swimmers in changing viz without the occasional figure laying on the bottom to distract you. I'm not sure about losing the diving privileges part, but common courtesy would seem to suggest we follow their rules.

naw.....that was the first...but some things are worth getting in trouble for....

​:)

We have been seeing a manatee in the swim area for the last couple of days. Because no diving is allowed in the swim area, we decided to do a little snorkeling and brush up on our freediving, too. We did not find the manatee again, but we were amazed at the number of creatures we saw in the shallow swim area. Plus, it was a lot easier to find and keep up with the school of spotted eagle rays that frequent the eastern bridge area while on snorkel. The area is definitely worth snorkeling from time to time.

Conditions are great at the bridge now. Crystal-clear water (during high-tide, of course) and 77 degree water temperature. Here's one of the photos we took during our snorkeling adventure:

121203-110044-0173.jpg

There is a blog entry with many more photos at: Snorkeling at Phil Foster Park :: Pura Vida Divers

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom