Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I find any I'll let you know, but may not bridge it till we get back in Early May.
John

Does anyone happen to know how closely dusk-to-dawn parking hours are enforced at Phil Foster? Specifically, if I dive at 6 am Sunday (pre-dawn) would I be likely to get a ticket?

nope, you will be fine.

I want to do a night dive on Monday. Does anyone know what the requirment are to get a permit?(number of divers, cost, ect...)

Or perhaps with persuasion Force-E will sponsor another night dive. Hint* hint*

I want to do a night dive on Monday. Does anyone know what the requirment are to get a permit?(number of divers, cost, ect...)

I did some research on this a few years ago for my dive club. My memory is not what it used to be - But if I recall correctly, in order to get a permit you must carry liability insurance plus have a DM on shore while all divers are in the water. Just not practical for one person. If you try to sneak in your car will be ticketed and towed.

It's park rules so if you can find another way to get into the water it's not an issue. You're better off getting some friends together and chartering one of the local dive boats. Last time I checked Pura Vida will go out with four. Little Deeper with six.

---------- Post added April 4th, 2013 at 06:38 AM ----------

Oh, *and*, when I find that colony of technicolored, giant, dwarf frogfish, I ain't tellin nobody else where I found em. . .

Stay clear of the boat channel, Kevin.

I believe that Force E has a night dive scheduled for this Monday, April 8. Check with the store for their schedule of future dives.

Does anyone happen to know how closely dusk-to-dawn parking hours are enforced at Phil Foster? Specifically, if I dive at 6 am Sunday (pre-dawn) would I be likely to get a ticket?
We have done that some and no tickies, so I guess Jenny is correct. Most of the time it's light by the time we get in the water. Ohhh, dawn and hi tide together--sounds nice!!

You're better off getting some friends together and chartering one of the local dive boats. Last time I checked Pura Vida will go out with four. Little Deeper with six.

I saw the Little Deeper motoring out toward the inlet just last week as I was at the bridge and was thinking to myself,
" I need to get out on that boat soon ". A little breezy this week but was thinking of a trip maybe next week. I'll post here
and perhaps some fellow bridge divers might join in !

Excited about reports of great viz and anxious to try the new camera I finagled working from home this afternoon. :wink: Serves me right - viz is back down to 10 ft or less - and I was chased out after 90 minutes by thunder & lightening. Water temp is creeping up: 73 degrees on my Suunto.

Still better than the office and lots of weird interesting stuff. What the heck? Some sort of murex egg laying orgy? All the murex were alive but I have NO idea what the white stuff is they were crawling all over. The octopus at the end started grabbing at my camera but by then the lightening was feeling uncomfortable close. I've switched to manual mode with the new camera. Big learning curve but having fun trying.

4 4 13 3.jpg 4 4 13 4.jpg 4 4 13 6.jpg 4 4 13 7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom