Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still better than the office and lots of weird interesting stuff. What the heck? Some sort of murex egg laying orgy? All the murex were alive but I have NO idea what the white stuff is they were crawling all over.

View attachment 151706 View attachment 151707

Saw and photographed this same phenomenon today. Happened to be with a couple of experts tonight and was told that the white stuff is, indeed, eggs.

---------- Post added April 4th, 2013 at 11:25 PM ----------

I did some research on this a few years ago for my dive club. My memory is not what it used to be - But if I recall correctly, in order to get a permit you must carry liability insurance plus have a DM on shore while all divers are in the water. Just not practical for one person. If you try to sneak in your car will be ticketed and towed.

It's park rules so if you can find another way to get into the water it's not an issue. You're better off getting some friends together and chartering one of the local dive boats.

Managed to talk to the fellow who is in charge of handing out the "permits" on the phone last year. I won't go into the specifics, but after that conversation, I'd have no problem parking my car there and diving as late as I wanted, permit or not - especially if I was out of the park by 10. The liability thing is one of those "appearances" thing. . .

---------- Post added April 5th, 2013 at 09:13 AM ----------

I've switched to manual mode with the new camera. Big learning curve but having fun trying.

I'm no expert, but would be happy to share what little I know on specific questions. My email address ain't hard to find. And, we'll be back at the bridge again, today. I *do* like to enter about three hours prior to high, though.

Saw and photographed this same phenomenon today. Happened to be with a couple of experts tonight and was told that the white stuff is, indeed, eggs.

I'm no expert, but would be happy to share what little I know on specific questions. My email address ain't hard to find. And, we'll be back at the bridge again, today. I *do* like to enter about three hours prior to high, though.

Thanks Kevin. That was a whooole lotta eggs!

Unfortunately back at work today. I think I overexposed all my pics yesterday. f1.8 with flash was too much light. And too bad about the octopus at the end. He had started to get comfortable with me (swatted at my camera) when the thunder and lightning felt a little too close for comfort. I got out and it was just starting to sprinkle. By the time I was packed up and driving away it was pouring down. Took me two hours to get home to Margate.

I went out with Little Deeper this morning with six divers including the guide. The seas
were not bad at all with the recent winds coming from the south and southwest. A bit
overcast topside but not to bad. We had about 30 foot viz on the Danny Memorial Wreck
and maybe 40 foot viz on breakers reef. Water temps were 72 degrees on the wreck and
73 on the reef. The wreck is at a great depth, I was pretty close to the sand at one point
at the side of the hull and showed 73 foot max depth for the dive. I hope to get back to the
wreck soon with some better viz although today was very diveable but with a pretty fair current
dropping down and varying currents depending were abouts you were on the wreck. A little drizzly
in Palm Beach County this afternoon so may sit out the late afternoon high tide at the bridge.

A little drizzly
in Palm Beach County this afternoon so may sit out the late afternoon high tide at the bridge.

Then you woulda missed some surprisingly decent conditions. Was raining on entry at 2:45, but the viz was significantly better than yesterday. If I weren't averse to shivering, it woulda been a *great* dive. :D Three and a half hours is far too long to shiver. Rum afterwards seems to help. :D

mmm somebody mention rum? :D :D :D

You should be at the other end, F14 and even more depending. Especially if you have a camera(TTL/STTL) or strobe(s)(TTL/STTL) that will kill the exposure when it is correct. I might be as blind as Mental Block, but nobody will question my exposure!

You should be at the other end, F14 and even more depending. Especially if you have a camera(TTL/STTL) or strobe(s)(TTL/STTL) that will kill the exposure when it is correct. I might be as blind as Mental Block, but nobody will question my exposure!

I'm thinkin she wuz just braggin about how fancy her lens is. . . :D

We have done that some and no tickies, so I guess Jenny is correct. Most of the time it's light by the time we get in the water. Ohhh, dawn and hi tide together--sounds nice!!

Thanks Trolls! Anyone want to join me? Only managed to recruit a buddy for the pm dive. Not sure if it was the leaving Melbourne at 4am, or the sleeping under the bridge until the second slack tide part of my plan that was the deal breaker for my local buddies...

Thanks Trolls! Anyone want to join me? Only managed to recruit a buddy for the pm dive. Not sure if it was the leaving Melbourne at 4am, or the sleeping under the bridge until the second slack tide part of my plan that was the deal breaker for my local buddies...
I've wanted to do the early/late dives too--even went so far as to rent a Seaspray room on Singer Island(always have a coupon in the traveler books); then didn't do the second dive. Napping/eating did me in. Napping and eating on a BHB picnic table probably would have had me waaay eager to dive!!:D

Wish I could buddy. I'll keep my mouth shut about where I am this week..

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom