Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wanted to do the early/late dives too--even went so far as to rent a Seaspray room on Singer Island(always have a coupon in the traveler books); then didn't do the second dive. Napping/eating did me in. Napping and eating on a BHB picnic table probably would have had me waaay eager to dive!!:D

After first dive switch tanks, find a nice cool location under the bridge for your eleven hour surface interval. Order
out food as necessary !

Thanks, everyone, for the photo tips. I will try a smaller f-stop. I have been without internet since Friday so am currently pecking away at Starbucks. Was up there for a dawn dive this morning. Vis started out a very milky 10-15ft and improved to 20 by the time we got out. The water is blue but VERY dusty. Water temp 72.

Once the sun came up I just turned off my flash completely. Too shallow for so much light, I think. And I was happy with this one (no flash). Jenny spied the tiniest ever little Atlantic black sea hare but none of those pics are post worthy.

4 7 13 1.jpg

the pic of the sea hare didn't turn out for me either.
Good dive. The seahorses were lovely, as was the company. Need to do this again. :wink:

Didn't realize my dream yet of diving both tides but the dive tonight was a lovely 77 degrees with at least 20ft visibility. Saw a large, good foot in length, Atlantic black sea hare out-n-about swimming and still a plethora of octopus.

77°?? it was a frigid 72° for the morning dive. All three of us got close to that temp on our computers...

77°?? it was a frigid 72° for the morning dive.

:cheers: You lucky FL divers crack me up!! :D

I'm looking forward to diving the BHB this coming December. The Mrs and I will be staying in Riviera Beach for a week just a very short drive from the bridge. I'm looking forward to getting in a few dives at the bridge that week in addition to some boat dives. Just hoping the water's not a frigid 72 :wink:

LOL. Yeah. Live down here a year or so and your blood will thin too.. :wink:
Tim (RIP, Netmage) laughed at us too. He was from Michigan and moved down here. In a year he was wearing his trusty drysuit..

---------- Post added April 8th, 2013 at 09:09 AM ----------

And the other thing, in our defense. We are doing two hour+ dives, and not moving much. A shorter dive that is more physically demanding might not chill the body quite so bad. :wink:

LOL. Yeah. Live down here a year or so and your blood will thin too.. :wink:
Tim (RIP, Netmage) laughed at us too. He was from Michigan and moved down here. In a year he was wearing his trusty drysuit..

---------- Post added April 8th, 2013 at 09:09 AM ----------

And the other thing, in our defense. We are doing two hour+ dives, and not moving much. A shorter dive that is more physically demanding might not chill the body quite so bad. :wink:

I have very little doubt that I'd be the same way!

Sandra is still in her Dry suit, with the winter weight arctic undergarments for insulation....and after a 4 hour or longer dive, she is very cold.

One thing I am also seeing....with 2 to 4 hour long dives, the divers are using up their blood sugar. In cycling speak, they are "Bonking". When Sandra does a 4 hour or more dive at BHB, she is trashed the rest of the day. The "FEW" times I have been able to "yank" her up to the surface ( get her to follow me up), and get her to drink a quality sports drink like Hydrate( protein and complex carb) every hour, on the hour, she ends up fresh after the 4 hour dive.....
On her own, she won't stop. I am thinking she needs an underwater camelbak with Hydrate in it.... I have to think all the divers doing the 2 hour durations and more, would be warmer, and feel much better, if they addressed this also!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom