Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AH HA: working already without banners, lol!
:D:D:D

You guys are very funny :)

But I was serious about the blood sugar and duration.
I think for a 1 to 2 hour dive, a drink like Muscle Milk is easy to find before you get to BHB at most larger C-Stores, and it has good enough nutrion for the 1-2 hour dive.....For the 2 to 5 hour dives, dehydration is a real factor, along with the need for a steady supply of complex carbs and protein, to keep blood sugar stable and muscles fresh ( full of glycogen). This is not a RACE, so the choice of which drink to pick is far easier than for Cycling.... So while Sandra and I have our own preferences for Cycling, at the BHB choices could include:
Cytomax, Heed, Gatorade G2 is much lower in sugar than normal Gatorade, but has no protein...and Accelerade( a bit more sugar than it should have, but does have the right amount of protein ), and Hydrate. Of all these, Cytomax is likely the easiest to find in Heath stores, Heed is in Bike shops...Gatorade G2 is on almost every street corner :) but keep your portions to less than 12 ounces to avoid high sugar.... Hydrate you would only find online, so this will not appeal to most here.
Hope this was anti-promoting enough for you guys :)

What days now and no Mental Block Flicker filibuster???? What is happening?

An aside note, everything from the playground entry west has been an octopus explosion on our last 3 dives so it must be prime time.
Judging by the number "not fighting" they are preparing for the next gen.
Considering pg ++ rating for last night dive video!
John

As if we'll be *seeing* said octo orgy on these pages inside of two years' time. . . :D

As if we'll be *seeing* said octo orgy on these pages inside of two years' time. . . :D
as soon as you volunteer to start editing roughly 10 thousand hours of raw footage.....
You will need muscle milk and lots of hydration. I find rum helps but that may be why so little gets done:confused:

Dan (lacking a referance for the 5 hour dive thing) I can say over a 3 hour dive moving very slowly in under 20 feet of water with negligible current that dehydraton-glucose depletion is less a risk than rampant hypothermia:D:D:D

John

Mmmm somebody mention rum? :D

as soon as you volunteer to start editing roughly 10 thousand hours of raw footage.....
You will need muscle milk and lots of hydration. I find rum helps but that may be why so little gets done:confused:

Dan (lacking a referance for the 5 hour dive thing) I can say over a 3 hour dive moving very slowly in under 20 feet of water with negligible current that dehydraton-glucose depletion is less a risk than rampant hypothermia:D:D:D

John

Next time you are there and I am, and we are setting up gear at the same time, wander over and ask me for a couple bottles of Hydrate. Do three hours, but with breaks on each hour to drink at least a half bottle each time.. I will make a bet with you that the hypothermia issue is far less noticeable... If I'm wrong I'll have Rum for after :)
Dan

Rum? Somebody mention rum? :D

How will I recognize you, besides the bright yellow Hydrate logos on the sides of your van?
:D Don't think I need it, but appreciate the offer!
John

Oh boy, looks like the temps are climbing back up. I may have to put my drysuit away for the season!

77°?? it was a frigid 72° for the morning dive. All three of us got close to that temp on our computers...

So said my computer at 545pm. perhaps I need to calibrate and/or compare to someone else. it did seem warmer than it has been lately as well (no I didn't drink too many energy drinks, creating my own personal thermocline). i have no idea, what is a typical temperature flux at the bridge after a day in the sun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom