Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know how the diver in handcuffs ended last night?

Don't know the final resolution. They were still on the bench, in discussion with the 2 sheriff's deputies and the FWC officer, when we left the park a few minutes after 10:00 PM. Seems officers were there for the purpose of doing flag checks on the West end. They had night vision scopes looking for flags, or not, above the underwater lights, waiting for divers to return to the beach so they could ask them about their missing flags. This was about 8:30 PM. A diver came down from the East end and reported a couple of divers with fish on a stringer. All 3 officers hopped in the car and went down to check it out. The discussion lasted for a couple of hours. There were 3 official night dives Monday and there was the question of which group these divers were with. If they weren't with any group, there was the additional problem of being illegally in the park. Even if it ended with no charges, maybe the experience, and the news that "they are watching", will deter them and others from engaging in taking fish at the park. Hope so, anyway!

Bob W

Video from the other night.. I don't think i have ever seen two of the molluscs in that video before.. Cool to keep seeing new things. Seemed like the one pair maybe were mating? What are they? . [video=youtube_share;yQZggadOC6s]http://youtu.be/yQZggadOC6s[/video]

Last edited:
Someone DID mention rum or was it mur? We went today(Tuesday)viz 20ft temp 73 on 2 computers. Joanne spotted a pipefish at the entry and it just kept going that way today--waay nice dive!

If I remember correctly Jenny likes rum at home & mur when she is out catching up with friends after a dive. Me, I like either with Diet Coke

D2D.. your memory is most excellent..:D :D

Greetings BHB Trolls from a wannabe troll in NC. I'll be there in May with some new equipment that I would like try out before my boat dives. Unfortunately, I don't get into WPB until after slack high tide. This is likely an obvious question but when I make assumptions I usually get into trouble. Can you dive the bridge at times other then high tide to test out equipment and trim and if so is there a best time other then during park hours of course. Thanks.

Bob:

Thanks for the update, the last we saw them was under the east bridge taking fish. I saw them with at least one sheepshead in this bag. When questioned, the one guy got cocky which landed him in handcuffs. At which point they took him camera as evidence. I guess they were never thought that you get more with sugar than vinegar. Had to leave so we could get our kid and get her home for bed.

Don't know the final resolution. They were still on the bench, in discussion with the 2 sheriff's deputies and the FWC officer, when we left the park a few minutes after 10:00 PM. Seems officers were there for the purpose of doing flag checks on the West end. They had night vision scopes looking for flags, or not, above the underwater lights, waiting for divers to return to the beach so they could ask them about their missing flags. This was about 8:30 PM. A diver came down from the East end and reported a couple of divers with fish on a stringer. All 3 officers hopped in the car and went down to check it out. The discussion lasted for a couple of hours. There were 3 official night dives Monday and there was the question of which group these divers were with. If they weren't with any group, there was the additional problem of being illegally in the park. Even if it ended with no charges, maybe the experience, and the news that "they are watching", will deter them and others from engaging in taking fish at the park. Hope so, anyway!

Bob W

Welcome to trollville!:cool2: You could dive "out front" staying away from the east and west bridges about anytime. The new snorkel trail made of rocks and constructed habitat runs in an east-west orientation south of the beach and outside the swim area. That's my suggestion. Force E has a nice map and I expect Pura Vida does as well. The viz is usually better leading up to a high tide. Some are doing 2-3-4 hour dives mostly before high tide.
Greetings BHB Trolls from a wannabe troll in NC. I'll be there in May with some new equipment that I would like try out before my boat dives. Unfortunately, I don't get into WPB until after slack high tide. This is likely an obvious question but when I make assumptions I usually get into trouble. Can you dive the bridge at times other then high tide to test out equipment and trim and if so is there a best time other then during park hours of course. Thanks.

I don't think i have ever seen two of the molluscs in that video before.. Cool to keep seeing new things. Seemed ike the one pair maybe were mating? What are they?

I want to say warty sea slug? Or something like that. Another member of the sea hare/nudi family. There was some discussion and photos a while back on the old BHB thread.

Welcome to trollville!:cool2: You could dive "out front" staying away from the east and west bridges about anytime. The new snorkel trail made of rocks and constructed habitat runs in an east-west orientation south of the beach and outside the swim area. That's my suggestion. Force E has a nice map and I expect Pura Vida does as well. The viz is usually better leading up to a high tide. Some are doing 2-3-4 hour dives mostly before high tide.

Ditto what Jim said. Stay out in front of the beach area and you'll be fine, especially for a gear check. The viz drops and current picks up considerably the further away from high tide you get on either side of the window. But I have run late on occasion, entered the water after high tide and still got in a good 2-3 hour dive. Force E or Pura Vida can set you up with any rentals, including flag.

I would be more concerned with parking in Phil Foster Park. If you're there at an off time and there aren't many people around don't leave any valuables visible.

Video from the other night.. I don't think i have ever seen two of the molluscs in that video before.. Cool to keep seeing new things. Seemed like the one pair maybe were mating? What are they? .

WERE being the key word in this post. Great choice of song -they will remember you especially the stargazer.

WERE being the key word in this post. Great choice of song -they will remember you especially the stargazer.
Forgive them for what they do... for they know no better (but should know better than to disturb all the things they disturbed in that video)

Yes DD, those are Warty Side-gill Sea Slugs, and are considered rare in Florida. You interrupted their mating with your insistent attempt to capture video that is not natural. Additionally, during the day, they look like a growth on walls underneath the bridge and under ground cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom