blue hole belize aggressor fleet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ecudiver

Contributor
Reaction score
when traveling to belize on aggreessor flleet i have heard that you can not dive nitrox when diving the blue hole. is this true?

Their nitrox is from a membrane system! Most do not want to change settings. Guessing they still deliver a 32% mix. Plan a dive to 150' (not that you will necessarily go that deep) with a 32% mix and see what you think.

Air will work fine on a Blue Hole dive.

ecudiver,
i was on the belize aggressor last may.
we dove the blue hole.
i did it on air.
just a big bounce.
come up slow.
regards,

im gonna get unlimited nitrox for the week but i thought i read somwhere and heard that even if you pay for nitrox they want let you use it in the blue hole dive. or am i just imagining things lol

When I was on the Belize Aggressor everyone who dived the blue hole had to do it on air.

I seee I see, do you know why they only allow you to use air? Just asking out of curiosity

ecudiver:
I seee I see, do you know why they only allow you to use air? Just asking out of curiosity

It that convulsions thing. Icky.

Hey, another side topic entirely- did'ja ever notice....? When they show a picture of the Blue Hole it's always form a plane at 3,000 feet circling over-head. Hmmm. Maybe there's really nothing to see.. Just a thought.

Deep dive, a long way from any help.

the convulsions i thought are mainly known when switching mixes of air at deco stops. if you are diving nitrox and staying within your certification limits of 130 ft in the blue hole i would think you would have no problem.

ecudiver,
i am not nitrox certified.
i believe a nitrox diver is limited to 110 fsw.
there is a chance that one could go deeper during a blue hole dive.

bethjd and i were on the aggressor last may when we did that dive.
regards,

MOD at 1.4 on 32%EAN is 110'. Since it's very easy to go too deep in the Blue Hole and it sounds like the Aggressor banks and doesn't custom blend their nitrox, for the sake of safety, it sounds like they prohibit the use of nitrox on that dive.

What's the big deal though? So you do one dive on air....set your computer to 21%.

Oh yeah, and the convulsion thing has nothing to do with switching mixes at depth per se, it has to do with oxygen toxicity. If you have a PADI manual, you might review on page 35.

Back
Top Bottom