blue hole belize aggressor fleet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gotcha you guys well i am nitrox certified and you can go past 110' ft with nitrox. i have done it the past two weekends and one of the weekends was with my instructor for the course. no big deal though with diving air on the blue hole just more less curious i would say than anything though i do like diving nitrox on deep dives due to the way i feel after a deep dive on air just so dang tired. and yes the convulsions does deal with the oxygen toxicity but what i was refering to was switching or using a higher blend of oyxgen at a deeper depth than need be.

Of course you can't go deeper than about 110 ft on 32% nitrox! On Blue Hole dives the guides sometimes take people to 130-140 ft (briefly). That's why they don't want Nitrox divers on those dives. As for me I'd rather enjoy more time with reef critters at shallower depths...

I also dove the Blue Hole with Aggressor. They did not allow anyone to use Nitrox for that dive due to the depths reached. We hit 138'

well yea at a 32% mix you cant go past 110 but if you use a lower mix you can. but i guess aggressor sets their bank at 32% which i didnt take into consideration. now understand why they use air.

Back
Top Bottom