Blue Reef Octo/Inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bensontc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Leisure Pro is having a $79 sale on Blue Reef Octo/Inflator. I'm interested in feedback on this product. The price is right but I dont want to entrust my life to cruddy equipment. If anyone has used this product and has feedback I would appreciate it. I've never heard of Blue Reef before so I am hesitant.

Thanks.

Here's my question: where do you get replacement/overhaul parts for that?

It looks like a 1st and or 2nd generation Air2 for what it is worth.

That is a screaming deal, though.

Yep,

I think you nailed it. Probably both are from Ocean Diver's Supply:

ODS

Products--->B.C. and Floatation Systems, scroll down to the AW-5 Octo Inflator.

c

I am going to say that might be incorrect. if you show the additional photos, it seems to ship with a spin-on 'Air2 adaptor', and the Leisure Pro picture shows a crimped on 'Air2 adaptor'

That's actually one of the things making me hold back on ordering six of those for my rental fleet. I f-ing hate having to buy a whole new special hose becuase the bit on the end is non-standard. SCubaPro switched to the spin on bit a few years back for both the Air2 and the Standard inflator hose and shops around the Pacific cheered.

And if I read Dive Rite Express's site correctly they use the Spin-On Air2 adaptor too. But even with that The ODS adaptor looks different than the Dive Rite one:

http://www.oceandivers.com.tw/Archive/_eng/products/R0019346.jpg

Hi guys,

I’ll try to answer a few of your questions on the Blue Reef Octo + Inflator.

Leisure Pro is having a $79 sale on Blue Reef Octo/Inflator. I'm interested in feedback on this product. The price is right but I dont want to entrust my life to cruddy equipment. If anyone has used this product and has feedback I would appreciate it. I've never heard of Blue Reef before so I am hesitant.

Thanks.

The Blue Reef brand is our own brand of equipment. That’s not to say that we are sitting here toiling away trying to make everything from dive boots to octo / inflator combos. What we do is identify some of our more popular products across the board then search out the same OEM’s that the famous brand manufacturers use and have the same products produced for us under the Blue Reef brand. This helps us avoid problems like MAP and all of the other things that get in the way of us offering the Leisure Pro price that we would like to.

Looks simlar to the DiveRite. Maybe the same OEM?
Dive Rite RG2200 BC Integrated Alternate Air Source

Splitlip, I am 99% sure that you are correct, just to make sure we have the Dive Rite model on the way here so that we can take them apart side by side to verify that they are in fact the same thing.

I am going to say that might be incorrect. if you show the additional photos, it seems to ship with a spin-on 'Air2 adaptor', and the Leisure Pro picture shows a crimped on 'Air2 adaptor'

That's actually one of the things making me hold back on ordering six of those for my rental fleet. I f-ing hate having to buy a whole new special hose becuase the bit on the end is non-standard. SCubaPro switched to the spin on bit a few years back for both the Air2 and the Standard inflator hose and shops around the Pacific cheered.

And if I read Dive Rite Express's site correctly they use the Spin-On Air2 adaptor too. But even with that The ODS adaptor looks different than the Dive Rite one:

http://www.oceandivers.com.tw/Archive/_eng/products/R0019346.jpg

I think you are referring to the fitting of the Lp QD hose. And you are correct, I believe both the dive rite and ours have a QD fitting that is part of the LP hose. If the hose goes in the trash then the fitting goes with it. It is easily replaced with any hose / fitting combo that will fit on an Air 2. My favorite is a Miflex hose and QD Fitting that should outlast just about any other standard hose / fitting combo out there.

Please let me know if you have any more questions on this, I’ll be happy to answer them.

I emailed you with this question but.

Where do we get spare parts/overhaul kits? I would like to get six of these for my rental fleet, but I am wondering about parts.

Also can I trade the hose that comes with it for that adaptor when I order them?

Any updates on parts/rebuild kits for this Blue Reef Octo? I'm not going to buy something that can't be serviced.

Any updates on parts/rebuild kits for this Blue Reef Octo? I'm not going to buy something that can't be serviced.

Hi PriusDrIVER,

If Bret is correct, then I have confidence you could use the DR parts to rebuild if necessary. However, if you will not rebuild it yourself, you might be hard pressed to find a shop to do it for you.

c

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom