Blue Springs dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wednsday, 01/23/2002 10:00am West Palm Beach... Three tank trip off of www.TheRampage.com Call Brian at ScubaQuest if you want to go... (407) 865-5622.

I can't do mid-week dives, as much as I would like to, Pete. Bummer.

However.... for those who are interested, I will be diving in Pompano on Saturday, February 16. It's a dive with South Florida Diving Headquarters (http://www.southflordiadiving.com), organized through Kissimmee Pro Dive (407-933-5090). Give them a call if you are interested in coming along to join the fun!

Julie

Awe y-all just a bunch of Manatee-Wantabees. Sorry guys I just cant keep my nose out of other states business.

Great pictures! I didn't think there were that many things to see in Blue Springs... :) I actually didn't have a picture handy of "the sign", so now I have somewhere to point non-divers so they can see it!

J

Thank you.

Julie, I didn't think there was that much either. I think the isolated suckerfish was the same one all the time, he just kept trying to get rid of me. Don't understand why though :wink:

I like the one of the little gar we came across. It went right up to Bob and then up his arm and behind his back. I believe it is because of his natural charm :D

They are Pliekostasos (sp?) and are not native to Florida, but came about from aquarium owners who bought the durned things not realizing just how BIG they get. When I bought mine last year, it was 1.5". Now it exceeds 6"... just in ONE YEAR!!! It will soon outgrow my aquarium and the moral dilemma with what to do with it will surely ensue. I nicknamed mine "Monstro" due to its size, but I have seen them over three foot long in Blue Spring. In fact I have seen them in just about every spring I have dove in. BTW, now I call my Plieko "Mini-Monstro".

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom