Blue Springs (Waldron, IN) is closed till further notice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jendra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As posted on the Blue Springs website....
Indiana Scuba – Blue Springs Premier Scuba Diving: Home
Blue Springs is closed till further notice.
Effective June 10, 2011
We are in the beginning stages of contractual litigation with one of the sellers of the property know as Blue Springs. More information to follow as it becomes available. Your support and kind words have been very much appreciated.

Latest updated information on another SB thread....
@USdiver1 - It is sad to say but yes the website is correct and has not been hacked. We are in the beginning stages of litigation against one of the sellers of the land known as Blue Springs. We are being a bit quiet as we prepare for the upcoming activities.

It is sad to say that some try to prosper of the sweat and hard work of others.

Here is just a peek...

At last note we have been call squatters and removed from the property by the sheriffs Office. On the contrary, we called the Sheriff's office to report a burglary and prevent any altercations from happening.

Items missing:
Two Honda Four Runners
1 Underwater Scooter
1 Box of wristbands
250 Office Waivers
1 Small Air Compressor
2 Scuba Tanks
1 Weed-eater
2 5 gallon tanks for fuel
1 New wet/Dry vac
and more...

To verify this statement, please contact the Shelbyville Sheriffs office. (Date compliant was made: 6/11/11)

While the other side will continue to spread lies and innuendos, I encourage all divers to dig a little deeper, talk to other volunteers that spoke to the sellers as we improved the property.

Who is Blue Springs LLC Registered to?
Who has made the improvements to Blue Springs?
Why is litigation happening at the beginning of the season?
Why do we keep saying only one of the sellers and not both?
How is it we carry liability Insurance?

Does this sound like a Squatter? Remember this is only a very small glimpse of what is going on.

For us, diving is a passion and not just another company for make money to be mad from. Once again your support and kind words have been very much appreciated.

Please consider visiting Natural Springs, France Park, Hidden Paradise or other great locations in the Midwest for all your diving activities.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ce...-springs-waldron-indiana-official-thread.html

The quarry known as Blue Springs in Waldron Indiana is in fact open for diving and has been regardless of claims that it is closed. I dived it on July 2nd, 2011.

@markanderson

- I also notice you pull my posts and any posts that don't support your position.
Reply: Didn't pull your posts, I replied to them.

- What happened to all of the ones that the scuba shack built and put around the place.
Reply: When We bought the place there were 3 Kit Up stations. 1 was removed by Scuba Shack, 1 is at N Beach, 1 is at Central Beach.

- I also understand that you are not in control of the property you claim to own and claim is closed when in fact it is still in operation.

Reply: You are correct that I am currently not in control of the facility. That is why we are in litigation. Not just civil but criminal as well. All "Signed" contracts give me the rights to do operations. That includes closing it. There are a lot of things going on that I would like to share with everyone but can't until we have concluded litigation.

What one of the sellers has done is wrong and Illegal, I am hopeful that after the court hears what has happened then Blue Springs will be back in Business and operating as a safe, clean and respectable establishment.

On a personal not... Since you are an original IDC member, why didn't you just call to blast me versus trying to rake me over the coals publicly?

Someone pulled my post on the IDC blog. You replied all right but the original post of mine is gone.

I am not trying to rake you over the coals. I actually believed you at first, but once I placed a phone call and found out the quarry was open, not so much after that.

I agree with Brian. Something does not add up or you would be in control and would have had people removed not the other way around.

Filing a police report does not a criminal case make. If you had any proof of something criminal someone would have been arrested, not told to leave. This leaves me to conclude it is a civil mater.

Hiding behind the I can't say anything because of litigation isn't exactly helping your position in the court of public opinion.

I don't know what to tell you. I did talk to you, in person. I believed you when you said you owned the place and I believed your web posts when you said it was closed. Then I found out that it is open and now I have some doubts about your previous claim.

As far as something being taken without permission and not returned or whatever being criminal I guess that depends on who owns the building where the property was located at the time and other circumstances of it being there that I'm not aware of at this time.

Why is it any of your concern how long I have been a member of anything or when I start posting or why?

You stated the quarry was closed and represented things to be a certain way in a public forum so I wanted to make sure that people who wanted to dive Blue Springs knew it was really open for them so they could dive there. So I used the same forum you did. I like diving the place. I want to dive the place. But you apparently don't want divers at the place if you aren't getting paid. Which would be ok if you were really the owner and had control of the property.

Good intentions are great but why drag the divers into your private war by claiming things that appear not to be true. Possesion is 9/10 of the law.

I don't want to get in the middle of anything that in none of my business but; I live in Gulf Shores, AL and Atlanta. I just found out this morning that I will be in Indy for three weeks. I have dived every weekend since April and I am finishing up my tec deep program. I have tec deep final dive coming up on the Oriskany as soon as I get back to the gulf coast at the end of July. Should I throw my LP 95's, stages, and sidemount gear in the truck to work on some skills at Blue Springs for the weekends that I will be in town?

PM me please as to the status

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom