Blue XT Sea Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn:
Some people prefer them. I don't, speaking for myself, but plenty of others have posted differing opinions; they like the slow pace, the opportunity to socialize, the onboard head, etc., that a larger boat provides. Not everyone who dives from a "cattle boat" does so because they don't know any better. DSFDF and YMMV.
This is true, it is all a matter of personal preference. There are some who like the big boats and in the end it is all about what is important to you.
In my case on our first trip to Coz we didn't know any better. We stayed at the Fiesta and dove with Dive House. We chose them because they were the onsite dive op and we didn't know any better. Did we have a good time, you bet, was Dive House a good dive op, yes they were, would we use Dive House again, probably not. Why did we go with Dive house on our first trip? Because we didn't know any better. Perhaps if I had know about the Cozumel Forum on ScubaBoard before we took that first trip maybe I would have picked a different dive op.
Now that we have have a few more trip to Coz and have learned more about the available ops on the island we choose the smaller boats with less divers per boat.
For us that choice is BXTS mainly due to the fact that during a trip in Dec right after Wilma when the Allegro closed and gave us no options, Christi went above and beyond to help us make that trip happen. Once we were there her crew did a fantastic job taking care of us and they have on each trip that we have used them. On a side note, due to the lack of tourists on the island during the Dec trip we had the boat to ourselves for a few days, and let me tell you that is a great way to dive :D

As I have said previously, it is all a matter of personal preference. Pick a dive op and have a great time:D

I have a 17 almost 18 next month, 19 going to be 20 in August. We all learned to dive together in Jul 2002. We took the kids to Hawks Cay for the Sport fisherman's weekend and had a blast. Since then we have spent 10 days in Grand Cayman and then took them on a Western Caribean cruise and dove the entire cruise. Now their schedules are getting more complecated and expensive to take them. This will probably be the last one with them for awhile.
My husband and I are trying to get in two Caribean trips a year. However we did Tahit with the Paul Gaugin in October. We were fortunte enought to spend our saftey stop and the rest of the air in ours tanks with a mom and a baby humpback whale. What an incredible site. The pictures are great!!!
Thanks for your help

I have only pros to say about Blue XT~Sea. Christi and her crew are our dive op of choice also. They've always gone out of their way to ensure that everyone has a great time. Pedro (a wonderful DM) is very helpful with inexperienced divers and giving them very useful suggestions to improve their diving skills (I know first hand because he helped me tremendously the first time we dove with them). My husband and I used a cattle boat operation the very first time we went to Cozumel (a long time ago) and I can say that they are definitely not for me. We love Blue XT~Sea and always plan ahead & book early so we can dive with them.

DandyDon:
C-H-R-I-S-T-I. Ron kept leaving the H out of her name, and now "Chrissy"...? :11:
I was thinking the exact same thing (to myself). I had to laugh when I read your reply, so thanks for a good laugh, DandyDon.

Here is my two cents worth: Book with Christi and forget about it. She runs an awesome operation. My wife and I dove with Christi on 7 vacations. You will be very satisfied with the service her crew provides.

I feel like I have to jump in here (and Christi has backed me up on this on another thread..and so I mean NO disrespect to her awesome operation!!).........but you guys have to see the difference between bigger, slower boats and CATTLE BOATS..............the cattle boats mean just that---people crammed in like animals (that would be the cattle)...........but please know that there are MANY of us who use larger boats and often go out with only four divers and despite what some people say----yes we DO go as far as Punta Sur and all spots in between with no problem.............it's just a longer day and for many, more relaxing..............different strokes, different time restrictions........it's all good........but please don't think that ALL the larger boats carry "animals".......they don't. Thanks for hearing my two cents...............Betsy

Moodiejeff:
When we were down in November (diving with Blue XT~Sea of course) one day we were doing our surface interval down at the far southern concrete pier (does it have a name?),

It is Just south of Playa Palancar beach club Beautiful beach.

I am sure there are other good operators but I hope not to have find out.

Mescubamom:
Heading to Cozumel with the family in June. 4 average divers and 2 newly certified. Heard that Blue XT Sea Diving was really good. Any Pros and cons. We dove with Sanddollar a year ago when we stopped with a cruise. Was not really impressed but they are the only ones we know. Any Help
Thanks
Mescubamom

Blue XT Sea diving is the best!! All pro's no con's. Just go to Coz, dive with BLue XT SEA and enjoy !!! Simple as that.....this is what a dive vacation is all about !! Sue Sue

thanks everyone for all your help. Sounds like BXT is the way to go

Back
Top Bottom