Bluebeards Beach Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikerault

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
First let me say that Victoria and Alex did their best to be friendly and helpful at the Bluebeards Beach Resort on St. Thomas, USVI. However, the resort itself I cannot recommend. I read the negative and positive reports here and decided to take my chances when I booked there. Here is what I found.

No resturant on site
No resort store on site
The tennis courts are in terrible repair
The beach is infested with sand fleas
Cat and ingaunna poop all over the grounds
For ANYTHING other than a very basic meal you have to go off site at a cost of at least $12 each person EACH WAY!
An additional $22 charge per day for energy costs.

The best part of the resort was the pool bar.
The rooms were clean and the airconditioners (2 window units) worked well.
The rooms were dated (even the reconditioned ones) still old style caribbean.

We did several activities. The Welcome tour was fun but the snorkling at Christmas cove was mediocore at best. Not much in the way of coral or large life, though toothie was fun to watch (a 4-5 foot barracuda) and some sting rays came around. We enjoyed the catamaran. We did the shopping tour on Thursday but a lot of the shops where closed since there weren't any cruise ships in. Someone stole our credit card number and attempted purchases of several hundred dollars each over the web in Spain, Estonia and Great Britain. Luckily our bank caught them and cut the card off.

I did one dive at the beach at Bluebeards, needless to say it wasn't impressive. I had another dive booked with Homer (who seemed very nice and knowledgable) but the weather prevented it. With 2-tank dives running $90 and 1 tank $60 plus the $12 each way each person taxi fairs diving is not cheap.

WIll I ever go back to St. Thomas? Probably not. There are better places to dive and better resorts to enjoy all over the Caribbean. I can get as nice a room in Grand Turk with diving that as quantum levels better and cheaper.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom