Blurry pics with DC1400 when zooming out of the water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adam0322

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I absolutely love my DC1400 for taking pics and videos underwater. The issue I'm having is taking pictures out of the water. If i don't zoom at all, the pics are crystal clear. However, if I zoom in the camera cant seem to focus on anything and all of my zoomed photos come out blurry. Any help on this would be great. Thanks.

Adam0322,

It's important to stablize the camera when zooming because any hand movement is magnified 5X. Take a few test pictures on land with no zoom and 5x zoom to compare, making sure the camera is on a stable platform or tripod. Turn off the "Digital Zoom" setting, so you are only using optical zoom. Digital Zoom further increases magnification at the expense of sharpness. If the optical zoom pictures are not sharp, please email a couple of examples to service@sealife-cameras.com for our evaluation.

Sincerely,
SeaLife

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom