BMW’s M3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSilvia:
There isn't much room for dive gear in one of those things... I think I'll pass.

Four tanks and one very full dive bag fit nicely in the back of an M3. I do it regularly. Dive bag includes; BCD, fins, wet-suit, booties, 2 reg set-ups, and two masks! I also carry a bucket of soft weights - about 30lbs. My little weekend bag sits in the back seat.

Two tanks, weights and fins in the trunk. My dive gear in a bin in the passenger seat. Will hold two sets of golf clubs in the trunk. What else do you need? If I need more I rent a truck.

I like the look of the Z3 - did from the moment it came out, traded in my Jeep for the 97 the second model year and bought the 2002 the last year it came out. We actually own 2 - his and hers.

Sports car like they should have been built. Have owned an Alpha, Fiat Spyder, MGB, TR6 - all totally impractical and impossible to maintain. But I love to drive them, they handle like they are glued to the road, and with the top down, on mountian roads, is driving, as it should be. The Z3 is the best of the bunch. The 3.0l is as close to owning a motorcycle as you can get on four wheels. Instant accelleration at any speed and will hold a curve like a go cart.

Not particularly into the luxury car thing, just like sports cars, and the retro look of this particular one. Wouldn't own a Boxter, would be more likely to own a Miata. Great cars, handle and perform as well as any, but don't like the look of them that much (and most importantly my Tenor sax won't fit in the trunk:wink: ).

You generally don't buy a 2 seater for comfort:D the whole point is to be "one with the road" and they succeeded pretty well with this one. However - totally impractical, tiny trunk, no back seat, room for one passenger, no roof rack for skis, not comfortable on long trips - the list of good reasons not to own one is endless, but the winner is I like them and love to drive them.

Such a waste, so much car and nowhere to drive it........the only time my friends get to use their cars is on track day. Not a very good investment if you ask me, but all the power to the almighty consumer.

Sorry but I love my 325xi and I especially love the all wheel drive. Would I like to have an M3 (or better yet an M5 - don't like the looks of the M6)? You bet but, then again, there are lots of things I would like to have but that I just won't be getting anytime soon. And sorry, just because it doesn't have the power of the M3 does not make it a car "not worth having". It still is and drives like a BMW and has the engineerig and feel that I love. One day I will be able to justify $100K for a car but not right now. Doesn't mean that I don't love my car all the same.

MSilvia:
Nice to know!

Surprising isn't it? I was pleasantly surprised as well. :D

As for me the point to the high performance cars is just that - high performance. I am a junkie for high performance - and like to test the limits when I can - not just get out in front of traffic w/o a hiccup. Taking a curve nicely is lovely - I'd rather tear into the curve then leave it at the fastest speed possible w/o any error due to the car. I would forgo the brand new vehicle and opt for a used one just to have that type performance. For me the others just aren't worth having; considering my needs, wants, and desires in a car.

Luxury and comfort are not what an M3 is about by any stretch of the imagination.

Darnold, I am with you on the Miata thing, very funny.

ShakaZulu:
Such a waste, so much car and nowhere to drive it........the only time my friends get to use their cars is on track day. Not a very good investment if you ask me, but all the power to the almighty consumer.
If you ever get up this way there is a road between Cache Creek and Whistler where you can push it quite a bit. Not so much high speed as there are very few straight bits, but a couple hundred miles of curves, curves and more curves. Some straight up more going down. I try to do it once a year in spring about 5:00 AM on a Monday morning so there is no traffic at all. Heavy traffic on this road is 5 cars an hour. Serious blast. The risk is finding rock on the road. Had to help someone back to a town when they took out their oil pan and blew their air bag on fresh rock.

Darnold9999:
If you ever get up this way there is a road between Cache Creek and Whistler where you can push it quite a bit. Not so much high speed as there are very few straight bits, but a couple hundred miles of curves, curves and more curves. Some straight up more going down. I try to do it once a year in spring about 5:00 AM on a Monday morning so there is no traffic at all. Heavy traffic on this road is 5 cars an hour. Serious blast. The risk is finding rock on the road. Had to help someone back to a town when they took out their oil pan and blew their air bag on fresh rock.

That sounds like a fantastic road for motorcycles as well. Deals Gap is another great place.

Missdirected:
That sounds like a fantastic road for motorcycles as well. Deals Gap is another great place.

The joys of Google Earth - Deals Gap looks like a blast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom