Board grammar/spelling

GRAMMAR/SPELLING ON THE BOARD

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While I believe that possesing the ability to communicate using proper grammer and spelling are important, when it comes to boards such as this I just don't care .

Steve

On an international board like this I concern myself with it less, as for many members English is not their primary language and my ability to express myself in their home tongue is likely just enough to get my face slapped. On the flip side, if someone can't make a minimal effort to make their point decipherable out of laziness, then I can't take them too seriously.

DiverDunk:
While I believe that possesing the ability to communicate using proper grammer and spelling are important, when it comes to boards such as this I just don't care .

Steve
Ditto.

From the point of view of a computer programmer, I speak with near perfect grammer. However, most of my typing is in C++ code and, at the speed I type, my fingers lack the necissary practice to type English correctly 100% of the time, so I typo many spelling mistakes into my posts.

glbirch:
On an international board like this I concern myself with it less, as for many members English is not their primary language and my ability to express myself in their home tongue is likely just enough to get my face slapped. On the flip side, if someone can't make a minimal effort to make their point decipherable out of laziness, then I can't take them too seriously.
Have mercy....Although I'm bilingual but I do make grammar mistakes. And spelling ones. Don't exclude me from the board,pls....
Mania

mania:
Have mercy....Although I'm bilingual but I do make grammar mistakes. And spelling ones. Don't exclude me from the board,pls....
Mania
Your English is far better than my Polish. If I tried to ask for a cup of tea in your country I'd probably end up insulting someone's grampa (and grammer.) :D

As long as your message is easy to understand, I don't mind TOO much. What I really hate is someone who forgets all about capitalization, punctuation, grammar, & spelling as soon as they have a keyboard in front of them. I don't mind at all when it is obvious that someone is not to familiar with the Engilsh language(or American version of such) makes obvious mistakes, as this is one funky language. I make my share of mistakes, and some of them even make it through my "pre-post proofread", so I don't look for perfection, just an effort to make your post easy to read.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom