Boat Dive in Hood Canal August 23rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubasonic once bubbled...

MD,

So at Rosie's how far did the rocks go in depth, (I love that Dive) I have been there several times when PacAdventures had divers in the water.

-SS

The rocks were pretty well gone at 150'. Big wolf eels at 130'. We'll probably limit that site to 150 from now on and poke around some more. The rocks might go deeper farther south, but we didn't have time at that point to look around.

Where is that Sponge Hill? I want to talk to Don about that for a mix dive.

MD

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

Sounds like a dive I would like to do. I have only been to south Hood Canal twice and both times were shore dives at Sund Rock.

I have quite a few dives at Sund Rock, North and South Walls, and enjoy going there. Truthfully, the dives in that area are few, and unless you have a boat, not worth going more than once, other than at Sund. The dives around Pleasant Harbor from the boat have been pretty good so far, but you spend quite a bit of time traveling also. Makes a nice SI if doing deep dives, but gets kinda boring.

If someone would sink a nice wreck there, it would generate lots of money.

MD

150 feet! I tend to like to stay within recreational limits. That is a Bit too deep for me. If I were to try anything like that, I would need more training. Thats outta My League.. Oh well :(

MechDiver once bubbled...
Where is that Sponge Hill? I want to talk to Don about that for a mix dive.

MD

The dive is East right out of Triton Cove smack dab in the middle of the Canal, throw a line to mark do live boat go down the Line is how we did it.

-SS

Scubasonic once bubbled...

The dive is East right out of Triton Cove smack dab in the middle of the Canal, throw a line to mark do live boat go down the Line is how we did it.

-SS

What's the site like? From charts, the bottom of the Canal is around 400-450' and fairly flat all the way across. If that starts at 120', I assume its a cone like the Pinnacles, or a big jumble of rocks?
Sounds interesting anyway.

MD

Windwalker once bubbled...
150 feet! I tend to like to stay within recreational limits. That is a Bit too deep for me. If I were to try anything like that, I would need more training. Thats outta My League.. Oh well :(

There's really very little below 120' there, at least right off the point, so you're not missing anything. Pulali Point pukes out before that, although we did a little over 200' there to see if there was anything. Lots of very dark mud!

And good point about the training. Yes, it is needed for dives that deep.

MD

MechDiver once bubbled...

What's the site like? From charts, the bottom of the Canal is around 400-450' and fairly flat all the way across. If that starts at 120', I assume its a cone like the Pinnacles, or a big jumble of rocks?
Sounds interesting anyway.

MD

It's like a broken off pinnacle, and very small with walls on the South side gets deep fast. NOAA maps clearly show it, but as I said to find the 120' mark I would say it is a area about 25 ' square.

-SS

Back
Top Bottom