Boat inside Designated Marked Dive site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingmoose

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
:angrymob:May 22 West hawk lake Manitoba 11:55 am
Dive site Cats Ass
9 divers Which include an insturctor and 2 new divers from a LDS doing their open water depended assent dive cert in the designated dive site marked With 5 keep out float markers and the instructors Diver down float.
A boat entered the marked area and pasted within 10 feet of the diver down
float and 20 feet from shore with people on shore yelling at the boat they just went right on through the area and stopped at the marina. I went over to the marina and took down the boats Reg # and the operator told me " they had motor problems and didnt want to go around the area because they were scared and nothing happened any way SO whats the Big deal".
All I said to them was if the could motor thought the site they could have steered out side the area and that I was dam sure the newbie divers that they just motored over were probable SCARED the I reported them to the Park Officers and 2 Officers went and spoke with them. I also filled out an incedent report with Parks Manitoba.
I spoke with the Officers and they told me they guy was upset and sorry All I said to that was " I wonder how the familys of the divers that they may have killed would feel?" :nuke: FYI boat was a GT Challanger speed boat Reg number was MB2049606
SAFE BOATING COARSE :mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom