BOLO!!! Lost GoPro!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkt0912

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys and gals!!!

I know it's a reach, but I figured it can't hurt to ask...
I lost my GoPro yesterday, while diving "Breakers Reef North", while diving on board "Deep Obsession" (Jim Abernathy's SCUBA Adventures). I didn't even realize I had lost it, until we were moving on to our second dive. I was wearing the wrist lanyard, but it must have slipped off my wrist/hand.
It is a GoPro Hero 2, with a Backscatter (flip down) red filter attached. The GoPro itself is attached to an aluminum, expandable truck washing pole from Wal Mart and has a black lanyard on the handle end of the pole.
If found, I would obviously love to get it back!!! I am on the video in the camera and I can tell you which memory card is in there also, to help identify it.

It's a long shot, I know!!!

Respectfully,
Ty

I was on the boat with them, very nice couple, hopefully it will turn up in an honest persons hands! No one wants bad karma!!

I was on the boat with them, very nice couple, hopefully it will turn up in an honest persons hands! No one wants bad karma!!
Thanks for the suggestion!!!! Great diving with you. I checked w/ JASA over on FB, but haven't heard back yet. We'll see......

I think Loggerhead divers found it when I was on the boat on Sunday AM trip. Call/Msg Susan or Capt George at JASA this morning and get the details. They said it was your first dive with the camera and had the red filter. Just a tip, but you should go to PetSmart(others) and spend $5 for an engraved dog tag that has 3 lines {Your SB board name, the word REWARD, and Cell phone number}, then zip tie/glue it the camera. You use your SB board name instead of your real name (Ty) because google will pick it up easier in a search. 5 bucks is a lot cheaper than $300.

I think Loggerhead divers found it when I was on the boat on Sunday AM trip. Call/Msg Susan or Capt George at JASA this morning and get the details. They said it was your first dive with the camera and had the red filter. Just a tip, but you should go to PetSmart(others) and spend $5 for an engraved dog tag that has 3 lines {Your SB board name, the word REWARD, and Cell phone number}, then zip tie/glue it the camera. You use your SB board name instead of your real name (Ty) because google will pick it up easier in a search. 5 bucks is a lot cheaper than $300.

hadn't ever thought about that..... would be good to use on multiple,easy to loose, valuable items. such as cameras, spearguns, lights. being small & i think AL - no rust & almost no drag.

A couple of months ago I found a GoPro on Clubhouse the day after someone on Pelican lost it. It was also returned to the owner. What do you learn from these stories?

Good diving, Craig

It is definitely good to know that there are still good people in this world!!!!! I am EXTREMELY grateful for those that found it. THANK YOU!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom