Bonaire (1st Time) Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you go to Grand Cayman, be sure to dive the east end. We just returned from there last week and had wonderful diving. The east end has very little night life, but if you want to relax and dive, it is the place to go. There are only two dive operators in the east end, I used Ocean Frontiers and from what I saw I made the right choice. Small boat loads on each and every day.

Thanks for posting the report! I've been there three weeks so far, and it's by far my favorite island. Never seen a seahorse though. Not one. Not anywhere. I saw a turtle on every single dive my last week in Bonaire. Different dives, different sightings.
Tom

The advice I've been given after having a similarly frustrating experience is to look very closely at the soft branching gorgonians. They love these because they can hold on to them. And they are much smaller than you expect them to be. So go slow and look small.

I for one appreciate people who can freely profess their OPINION. If a company or operator was not up to snuff then we should be allowed to say so. Threatening litigation against someone for expressing an opinion kind of paints YOU in a bad light.

I take the stance that if an individual has to go to such great lengths to defend themselves and their associates while everyone else is saying the contrary then maybe that individual has more invested then dispensing good advice.

As they say... "distrust interested advice"

Cam
You would think that, but then reality can slap one in the face

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...right-post-scubaboard-legal-defense-fund.html

The advice I've been given after having a similarly frustrating experience is to look very closely at the soft branching gorgonians. They love these because they can hold on to them. And they are much smaller than you expect them to be. So go slow and look small.

I look for them. They just haven't put in any appearances. When its meant to be it'll happen.

Tom

PS, My last trip was after Omar, and nobody we talked to the whole two weeks saw any either.

DD & Herkman: The two of you are making rather disparaging remarks bordering on libel against probably the finest realty organization on the island. I know these folks professionally and personally and have for the last 5 years. I use them as my own agent.
You really ought to do a bit of due diligence and get some first hand information about what's really going on instead of relying on and posting such drivel. My suggestion would be to put your cumulative brains in gear before typing. Libeling the professional reputation and livelihood of folks is a serious offense. Wise up.:no:

This poster has a point.

Given the litigation currently against ScubaBoard.com and numerous articles on the subject of libel via internet forums, posters may want to think twice before disparaging an entity they may know little to nothing about.

Big difference between posting "I heard such and such a place is horrible and I would never use them" as compared to "I saw a link about that place, click here to read it yourself" as compared to "I stayed in XX's hotel room and the bed was hard and there were bugs all over".

You'd probably be ok with the last two but the first one just might get you into trouble because you don't know if the information you're disemminating is at all factual nor is it based on your own firsthand experience and opinion.

Unfortunately, "posters may want to think twice" means that free speech is being "chilled". If we're all constantly watching what we're saying out of fear of being sued, soon enough no one will be saying anything, or at least not anything of any import.

BTW, if it is indeed fact that someone "heard" something negative about a place, it cannot be libel to report that they "heard" that since truth is always a defense. Likewise, opinions cannot be libelous, only statements of fact. Therefore, saying something like "in my opinion they suck because I heard they suck" cannot be libelous for at least three different reasons.

Thanks so much for the report on your Bonaire trip, Reidster!

I will be going to Bonaire for the first time in beginning of September and I'm pretty psyched about it!

Thanks again & Dive Safe.

-Brian

We're going to Bonaire in July. Staying at an apartment which I found on a "by owner" website. Just google condo/apartment rental by owner Bonaire and see how much there is.
Last time we stayed in little condo/cabin rooms at the Golden Reef. It was nice and much cheaper than the big resorts. They use Buddy Dive, if I remember right, for their tanks but tanks are delivered to the place daily.

Hi:

Golden Reef Inn uses WannaDive dive shop, last I checked. It's a very reputable dive shop that also covers Eden Beach Resort and Windsock Resort.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom