Bonaire 7/28-8/4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adurso

Contributor
Reaction score
Quick report: Arrived Bonaire 7/28 with wife, son, daughter, and 22 friends. Stayed at BelMar Apts. BelMar seems to be under-reported, they are part of Buddy Dive. No bar, no food service. Very quiet, very secure, security guard roams at night, gates keep unwanted folks out. Employees very nice people, security folks very nice also.

Started off with checkout on house reef, water temp 82, viz 60-80ft. Lots of critters, octopi hiding in rubble. Interesting night diving there as well, good size tarpon hangs out there.

We dove White Slave, Bachelors Beach, Windsock, The Lake, Red Slave, Hilma Hooker, Invisibles, Oil Slick, and a couple of others that escape me at the moment. All were good

We saw seahorses, frogfish, spotted eagle rays, turtles, squid, octopussies, peacock flounder and all sorts of other cool things.

Being able to beach dive all over was really neat. Our package at the BelMar included the vehicle and unlimited nitrox.

Nobody stole anything from us.

The island itself looks like parts of Arizona, or Texas. Outside of diving tere does not seem to be much to do, but the diving is superlative and we will do it again soon. I will post some pictures when I shrink the files down to 200k

Will be making my first trip to Bonaire in January 2008. We have (2) two bedroom apartments reserved at the BelMar. They were recommended by a diver in our group who dove Bonaire in the past.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom