Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you've been to Bonaire, are thinking about going to Bonaire or are just curious what you can experience in Bonaire, check out this video.

10 days of non-stop diving with 10 strangers from around the world that have become true friends. Can't wait to do it again!

Best watched in 4K

Lovely vid that really captures Bonaire diving. Thanks. Would you tell me the sites shown at 3:50 and 6:00? I've been to Bonaire a number of times and now at 77 I would like to be able to shore dive a few places where it isn't so rugged on entry & exit?

..... Would you tell me the sites shown at 3:50 and 6:00? I've been to Bonaire a number of times and now at 77 I would like to be able to shore dive a few places where it isn't so rugged on entry & exit?
I'm sure the OP can answer more accurately, but the beaches at 3:50 look like the south end down near Salt Pier. Invisibles, Angel City, Alice in Wonderland, etc. Many sites down there have "less rugged" entries, although none are rock/coral free. The area at about 6:00 looks like Sorobon over on the east side where kiting is popular. It's not really a traditional diving area on Bonaire. Hope it helps!

I'm sure the OP can answer more accurately, but the beaches at 3:50 look like the south end down near Salt Pier. Invisibles, Angel City, Alice in Wonderland, etc. Many sites down there have "less rugged" entries, although none are rock/coral free. The area at about 6:00 looks like Sorobon over on the east side where kiting is popular. It's not really a traditional diving area on Bonaire. Hope it helps!
I'm guessing that the yellow frogfish on the purple tube sponge which appears at 1:25 of the video might be the one we saw at Bari Reef. We found it at 40' depth in early September heading south from the Sand Dollar pier. For all I know it's still there. Happy hunting !!!

This might be a little off subject but has anyone stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Dive resort in Bonaire? I would just be looking to spend a quiet getaway and would like some easy shore diving.

I dive the southern sites extensively when I'm on Bonaire. I don't remember any site down there (except maybe Salt Pier) with entries like that. Every one I've dove down there have pretty rugged entries. Nothing with such sandy, gentle slopes. Going to PM the OP to try and get a definitive answer.

I'm guessing that the yellow frogfish on the purple tube sponge which appears at 1:25 of the video might be the one we saw at Bari Reef. We found it at 40' depth in early September heading south from the Sand Dollar pier. For all I know it's still there. Happy hunting !!!
That frog fish was found near the Hilma Hooker.

Lovely vid that really captures Bonaire diving. Thanks. Would you tell me the sites shown at 3:50 and 6:00? I've been to Bonaire a number of times and now at 77 I would like to be able to shore dive a few places where it isn't so rugged on entry & exit?
At 3:00, the dive site is Angel City. There is one pathway between some rocks that make it a very easy entry over to the left. At 6:00, that is a parking spot for Turtle City by land. You cant dive that water there, it is only knee high. From this spot it is a long walk geared up through uneven sand in knee high water to an island/peninsula thing, you take off your gear to cool off/catch a breath then gear back up and prepare for a very difficult shore entry and LONG surface swim out to Turtle City. The adventure was well worth it.

At 3:00, the dive site is Angel City. There is one pathway between some rocks that make it a very easy entry over to the left. At 6:00, that is a parking spot for Turtle City by land. You cant dive that water there, it is only knee high. From this spot it is a long walk geared up through uneven sand in knee high water to an island/peninsula thing, you take off your gear to cool off/catch a breath then gear back up and prepare for a very difficult shore entry and LONG surface swim out to Turtle City. The adventure was well worth it.
Thanks for your reply. Never would have guessed Angel City. Turtle City would be way, way, entirely too much for this old body.

Thanks for your reply. Never would have guessed Angel City. Turtle City would be way, way, entirely too much for this old body.
Have you tried Vista Blue? When its relatively calm its an easy walk out in sand. My favorite site on the west side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom