Bonaire June 28, Four Frogfish today, some photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Some dives you just get lucky. We did two boat dives in the morning to Klein. The first was to Hands Off, we saw a Sharptail swimming around, the first time I've seen one during a day dive. The second dive to Keepsake was really great, we saw four different Frogfish and a Seahorse! Saw one Frogfish open his mouth wide, that was cool. Another one swam (jumped) from the coral to the sand. Those Frogfish are hard to see and hard to get good photos. It makes me appreciate more those dive phtographers that get good ones. Finished the day with a shore dive at Windsock, nothing special there but a very nice dive with lots of reef fish. Four divers before us saw 2 moray eels but we never found them. Having a gret time in Bonaire!

Some photos from today, a little out of focus but here goes.

-2974.jpg

-2977.jpg

-2995.jpg

-3001.jpg

-3016.jpg

-3058.jpg

-2863.jpg

You are very lucky. Last time I was there I was super excited because I found a frogfish at BARI....and went back three times to see it :D. 4 in 1 dive.....awesome.

Diver Rex..Glad you're enjoying yourself! Are you diving with Buddy @ Belmar? Plenty of sharptail eels around, but I'm still trying to locate one of those frog fish myself! Have a great trip!!:D

We ended up diving with Plaza since we are doing 6 boat dives. So far also did 18 Palms and Windsock as a shore dive, more of those over the next couple days. Today we did two dives with Bonaire East Coast Diving, a different experience, but one we enjoyed. More on on that later

Vince, we're loving the condo!

Glad to hear it Rex..We're coming down for two weeks the end of July. Lately I'm having nitrogen withdrawal symptoms.. need my nitrogen fix badly. If you get a chance, try an early morning dive (just before sunrise) in front of Bellevue. Sometimes magical things can happen. Anxious to read your trip report! Enjoy. Time has a way of passing by WAY too quickly on Boanire.

Just got back yesterday after a week and 23 dives. Tried to locate a Frogfish to no avail, but we did see a seahorse. Enjoyed the pics, thanks for sharing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom