Bonaire June 6 - 13th, anyone else??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverKKC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Wooohoooo! It can't get here soon enough.

My girlfriend and I will be staying at Buddy Dive June 6 -13th. Any other Bonaire lovers going to be there at that time?

I and my family arrive on the 13th so we will miss you but have a great time and don't scare everything off! :)

First trip to Bonaire, darook? Enjoy! OK, I'll try to leave a little something for you folks to see :)

Hello, with my girl'nd thinking about a dive holiday in Bonaire next August... is a comfortable period? any hint? how about this Buddy Dive Resort?

I have only been once, but really enjoyed my stay at Buddy Dive Resort. I'm sure there are cheaper places to stay, but here's why I liked Buddy Dive. My room was about 30 yards from the Caribbean, just behind their nice bar and pool. I woke up every morning to the beautiful sunrise over the sea. The view from my room (which I have requested again), was marvelous. Very nice house reef which was about a 30 second walk from my room. Very friendly and helpful staff. Daily boat dives (if I chose to do so) were included in my package. Dive masters were good and we got some nice dives in (Klein and others). Drive through tank refill extremely convenient and open around the clock. Very good included breakfast overlooking the House Reef; made-to-order omelettes, fruit and pastry bar, bacon, sausage, etc. Very nice bar, etc.

I'll eventually branch out and try other accommodations. But I was very happy with my stay there.

Hi,
Going to Bonaire June 7 thru the 21st. Usually stay at the Black Durgon, which is down the street from Buddy Dive. Only problem we have is the Black Durgon is closed for renovations and were staying at the Golden Reef, off the water. You might want to try the Black Durgon someday. Very laid back, basic, no frills, but the greatest bunch of divers and cheap. The Small Wall is 30 feet from your room.
Hope you have a great time, the reefs are great. Don't forget the Small Wall and there is some great snorkeling across the street from the airport, that's right, small little area, sandy, drive your truck onto. Really pretty fish, very shallow.

I might have to try there one of these times. I dove Small Wall last trip as a boat dive from one of Buddy's boats, nice little dive. Thanks for the info.

I woke up every morning to the beautiful sunrise over the sea.

You mean sunset don't you? Buddy is on the lee side of the island and faces west.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom