Bonaire Lodging Opinions/Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ItMustBeJames

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All. I'm planning to be down Bonaire ways in October so I'm looking at places to stay. BuddyDive, the Deep Blue View, and Harbour Village all seem to have good reviews (though they cover a wide range of prices!) What do you think of these places? Am I missing any really good ones? Anyone been down recently?

Thanks!

I have stayed at Buddy's twice and would go back again. Last time I was on Bonaire I stayed at Captain Don's and it was very nice- staff and resort. When I return and I will, I will go back to Buddy's. One of the best reason is the vehicle comes with the stay and it's one less thing you need to plan for.

Ray

Plaza resort bonaire - ocean view room. very nice. good house reef. Top notch diveop. Get the breakfast buffet(best anywhere). Easy diving. Still need a rental for shore stuff.

Nothing wrong with any of them. IMO Buddy has the best setup dive op on the island. The good news is I really don't know of a bad resort or dive op on the island so you can't go wrong. Where you stay really depends on what you want. Do you want on water or is off OK, what's your budget, do you want upscale or the best value. Those are the things I use to determine which resort to recommend. If your OK staying off the water a little (and no place on Bonaire is far off the water), take a look at Golden Reef Inn. It's a smaller resort and a good value. Liz and Ed will take very good care of you.

When we were in Bonaire we looked around at many of the resorts...at the rooms etc. When we go back it will be to Buddy Dive. BelMar could also be a possibility. They say Harbor Village is really nice but I think it's one of the most expensive places on the island. It's funny...when we were there the Queen of the Netherlands was also there and she stayed at Harbor Village.

We decided to stay at Den Laman this year, price was great with car, diving (free nitrox), and accommodations, and we like the fact that the condos are on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the building, providing a little better security.

James,

It really depends on your budget, and what you are really looking for. Do you want something on the water or not? Do you want cooking facilities or not? Do you want a "resort" feel, or would you prefer a more homey or local style atmosphere. There are many great places on Bonaire, but it does depend on what you want.

Liz

We decided to go with Den Laman, as the price was *far* less than, say, Buddy. We also wanted to be right on a dive site, which it is. (Had to have my own kitchen, too... I like cooking too much to go without.)

Anyway, I can't really tell you how we liked it, since we don't fly out of Houston until 08/08/08, but from reading threads, it sounds like we should have a fine time.

I just got back from Bonaire and we stayed with Buddy Dive. I was very happy with the resort and when I go back it'll be Buddy Dive that I stay with. They have a great dive set-up, nice pool bar and the food at the restaurant was good. My only complaint was the phone charges are extra expensive but that isn't just at Buddy Dive that is on Bonaire period.

The only thing I didn't like was this: We got to Bonaire at 4:30 pm on Satuarday but couldn't dive till Sunday morning at 9 since we had to do an orientation and pay our marine park fee. I would like to have done the orientation sat night and been able to dive right away.

We've been here for four weeks now, staying at Blachi Koko. It's something we just took a chance on based on our trip here last year, when we passed by and admired it from the street. Luckily, its exterior didn't lead us astray. We love it here! It's located within walking distance of downtown, is just a couple of doors down from The Carib Inn (where we rent tanks w/unlimited airfills) and is clean and SAFE. There are only five apartments, which gives it an intimate feel and the grounds look like they belong on a postcard from paradise. I highly recommend it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom