Bonaire Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubMariner

C'est Moi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hey all!
Here are the latest u/w pictures taken on our recent trip to Bonaire.

Because we were certifying Pearce's son Jeff and his wife Sandrine as Open Water Divers, we weren't able to go to some of the more challenging/exotic sites. However, we still managed to get in some great dives. Check 'em out! :)

http://y42.briefcase.yahoo.com/pgdaley2001

FYI:The funniest dive is the one I never even went on. It was when Pearce decided to do a night dive with Jeff. To set the scene:

Jeff and Sandrine had done one previous night dive with us. Although they exited the water well before we did, they seemed to have fun and enjoyed the experience of seeing all the night critters. However, I did hear Jeff remark "No matter how comfortable you think you are in the water, everything you thought you learned during the day goes right out the window at night." Hmmm.... I should have listened closer...

After 3 dives earlier in the day, I didn't feel like doing the dive that night. Jeff volunteered to go with Pearce, who wanted more night pictures.

They planned their dive. I helped them gear up, watched them do their buddy check, handed Pearce his camera as he got into the water, and watched them swim off. I then sauntered over to a nearby bench, set the bezel of my watch to their descent time, and sat down to enjoy the warm, breezy Bonaire night.

Less than 20 minutes later, a couple of lights made their way back to the dock. When they got close enough I realized it was Pearce and Jeff. Being the consumate "Mother Hen" I was concerned. Why were they back so soon? :confused:

As they clambered up the ladder, I took Pearce's camera gear. He didn't look happy. Jeff seemed ok. I gave Pearce a raised eyebrow. He began with "Well, I could always tell where Jeff was even without looking. All I could hear down there was [sound of rapid inhaling/exhaling through a reg]. I only got about 6 shots off before he signalled me he was low on air."

I wandered over to Jeff & looked at his SPG. It read 550 PSI.

Ah... new divers... :froggy:

~SubMariner~

You did good, Girlfriend!

Dee

ps...I promise to start the fish ID's again after the DL2001 trip!

Thanks Dee! :D

But I can't take credit for all the photos. The ratio was more like 2/3 Pearce to 1/3 me. :wink:

However, I think my shot of the Tiger Grouper was pretty good, if I do say so myself. :devilish:

BTW, now Pearce is looking at a housed SLR system that would put us back about 2K and ;-0 retiring the MMIIs.

I told him we can't afford it this year.

~SubMariner~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom