Bonaire Trip Report 6/8-6/15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rlskill1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Just got back from a week at Buddy Dive. A good trip, BD was busy. Weather was good. Not too hot, a couple of quick rain showers. Skies were mostly cloudy/hazy and the wind blew constantly 10-15kts the entire week.
We made 10 boat dives mostly around Klein Bonaire, a few dives on Buddy's Reef (which were actually very good), and we dove Andrea II; 1000 Steps; North Pink Beach; Hilma Hooker; drift dive Cliff to Buddy's Reef.

Vis averaged 75'. Water temps were 79-82.

At Buddy's Reef we found Sailfin Blennies, Yellowhead Jawfish, juvenile spotted drum, and juvenile smooth trunkfish. I did not see any adult spotted drum until the last day on Klein. Thru the week, we saw one green moray, one spotted moray, but assorted goldentail morays, and I think a chestnut moray. I did not see any chain moray. We found one large hawksbill turtle on Klein.

A good, easy, laid-back week.

Thank you for the report! Any pictures? Was this your first trip to Bonaire? Where are you headed next?

I'd be interested, too, whether this was your first trip, mainly because it's interesting to see whether people who've been a few times still choose to do boat dives, or just shore dive. Choices vary, of course.

Richard.

Thank you for the report! Any pictures? Was this your first trip to Bonaire? Where are you headed next?

This was my third trip to BON. A nice trip, not spectacular, but nice all the same.

My next international trip at the end of July is to British Virgin Islands.

I'll be in coastal NC and Florida diving during June and July.

Thanks,
R

---------- Post added June 18th, 2013 at 04:00 PM ----------

I'd be interested, too, whether this was your first trip, mainly because it's interesting to see whether people who've been a few times still choose to do boat dives, or just shore dive. Choices vary, of course.

Richard.

We did 10 boat dives this trip mainly because 2 of the divers in our group were older gentleman and had physical difficulties with the shore dive entries and exits.

Bonaire 2013 026.jpgBonaire 2013 094.jpgBonaire 2013 097.jpgBonaire 2013 127.jpg

Attachments

• Bonaire 2013 424.jpg
    Bonaire 2013 424.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Bonaire 2013 436.jpg
    Bonaire 2013 436.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Bonaire 2013 441.jpg
    Bonaire 2013 441.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Bonaire 2013 772.jpg
    Bonaire 2013 772.jpg