Trip Report BONAIRE TRIP REPORT & PIX (APRIL 14-21)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
BON_8608(LR6).jpg

It was weeks in the making so it's obviously worth waiting for and checking out. (At least, that's my pitch.) But the bottom line is that both the trip report and the pictures from our Bonaire trip that we got back from two weeks are now both available on-line. Here are the links:

TRIP REPORT -http://www.reefseekers.com/PIXPAGES/Bonaire%202018/Bonaire%202018%20trip%20report.html

SMUGMUG SLIDESHOW PIX - BONAIRE - APRIL 2018 - kenkurtis

View attachment 458828
It was weeks in the making so it's obviously worth waiting for and checking out. (At least, that's my pitch.) But the bottom line is that both the trip report and the pictures from our Bonaire trip that we got back from two weeks are now both available on-line. Here are the links:

TRIP REPORT -http://www.reefseekers.com/PIXPAGES/Bonaire%202018/Bonaire%202018%20trip%20report.html

Great Report - Thank you for sharing and for being so detailed!

My husband and I are planning our first trip to Bonaire in October. We were planning on booking at Buddy Dive but I've read some negative reviews on Tripadvisor. They indicated the resort is run down and in need of repair, AC is weak and only in the bedroom, WiFi is spotty. Did you see any evidence of any of these complaints?

My husband will have to do some work while we're on the island and needs consistent access to WiFi.

Our other option is Den Laman. We'd have change our dates of travel and it would be more expensive. I'm not sure it is worth doing that. I

Last question, I've read that the unrest in Venezuela has impacted the supply chain to Bonaire. Thoughts?

Thanks, in advance, for any info.

Last edited:
Nice report and some of the nicest photos I have seen posted on SB. As the years go by I think we all experience fewer 5 dive a day days but the days are no less enjoyable. The night dive problem was solved years ago for me by switching my night dives to pre dawn dives. Happy diving.

Last question, I've read that the unrest in Venezuela has impacted the supply chain to Bonaire.
This is a non issue, at least on CUR and for the visitor. The only significant impact on locals was the boycott that limited the amount of fresh fruit that comes over by small boat. I think they were experiencing a shortage of bananas and lemons.

Great Report - Thank you for sharing and for being so detailed!

My husband and I are planning our first trip to Bonaire in October. We were planning on booking at Buddy Dive but I've read some negative reviews on Tripadvisor. They indicated the resort is run down and in need of repair, AC is weak and only in the bedroom, WiFi is spotty. Did you see any evidence of any of these complaints?

My husband will have to do some work while we're on the island and needs consistent access to WiFi.

Our other option is Den Laman. We'd have change our dates of travel and it would be more expensive. I'm not sure it is worth doing that. I

Last question, I've read that the unrest in Venezuela has impacted the supply chain to Bonaire. Thoughts?

Thanks, in advance, for any info.

Might want to look at the Belmar and the Caribbean Club.
I would stay at Den Laman over Buddy Dive.

Glad you guys had a good time. I've been jonesing for Bonaire badly; wanted to go back this year but then Aggressor had that big 34% off sale and a live-aboard on my bucket list got checked off...

Richard.

View attachment 458828

Great report and fantastic photos!

Love your trip report and pictures.
We were there 4/14-4/28 and planning to go back in October.
I agree with you with the weather and temp of water.
It was colder and with less visibility.
We did a a.m. boat dive to karpata and it was rough. We all had a tough time getting back on the boat.
We tried doing Forest on a 2pm boat but water conditions did not allow us. Rough again
May I ask you....where did you find that yellow frog fish? We looked all over for one.
If you don’t want to publicly state where you saw it....can you pm me some hints......please.
Beautiful picture of the turtles. We only saw 2 small/young ones from a distance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom