Boneyard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CMOST

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Looking for some help. I've got some friends coming into town over Memorial weekend and they want to dive for some shark teeth. They have a boat and have heard me talk about the boneyard. I do all the shore dives in Venice looking for teeth and have even gone out on charters to the boneyard as well. What I'm asking is if someone knows exactly where to go? Any GPS numbers or directions would be appreciated. I have a general idea of where it is I think, but it's hard to know exactly where your at when your getting your gear ready on the ride out. I know that I'm asking a lot but I hope someone can help a fellow diver out here.

Here's a couple of my spots.
They are in the general vicinity of the boneyard.

I know other points have been posted before, so use the search function.

27° 05.125, -82° 28.140
27° 05.200, -82° 28.105

Make sure they have all the safety equipment and someone stays on-board.
It's also helpful to have plenty of chain on the anchor and know how to anchor in sand.

Those were pretty similar to what I would have given you, so I'll just throw one more out for you:
27 05.605N 082 28.506W

That's about as far North as I normally kayak to, so I'd personally try to stay south of that point.

Hello everyone, I'm here asking for some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Capt Gumby left a post on here looking for some divers to dive with him. He has not been able to hook up with anyone as of yet. My cell phone number is 941-628-3309. He tried to book charters but they are all booked for this week. I work during the week. Capt Gumby is in the service and would like to find some teeth before he LEAVES FLORIDA. He will not be returning to the area. Please some of you I know dive on weekdays, lets get this guy in the water, we dont want him diving alone. I spoke to him several times today to try to do a dive but my work schedule seems to be messing things up. You can pm him or call me on my cell and I will give you his cell phone number. Lets all pull together and get him out there to find some teeth before he leaves. You can call me on my cell phone from 6am to 10 pm at night. Lets show him what a great bunch of people we are. All help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom