Bonne Terre Mine Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joshr502

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone done any diving in the Bonne Terre Mine? I was looking at the website and it looks like a great dive. I was just wondering if this is true or is the website really hyped up.

Website is pretty representative of reality. Quite enjoyable and very unique. Crystal clear water and no plane flight of passport involved.

Local accomodations used to be very limited, probably much the same.

I have made a couple of dives at Bonne Terre, it's clear, it's different, and most of all COLD! The water temp. is a constant 58F, you need to have a wet suit and hood or dry suit. I am glad I went to Bonne Terre, but it's the "been there done that" for me now, I would not choose to do it again as I like to see marine life alot more than the few mine artifacts left for divers to see.

It's worth diving, as mentioned the water is clear and on the cold side. The cost per dive is on the high side relative to other guided dives. They will check your basic diving skills and the first couple of dives are pretty shallow so if you can, plan to do more than two. The deeper you go into the mine the better the dives, so again plan to do more dives when you are there. The best place for lodging is the next town over, Farmington I believe. Get your log book stamped, if you ever plan to go back at a later date and don't get the stamp from the first dives they will make you do the checkout dives again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom