Book Review: Titanic's Last Secrets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richie and I don't always agree, and we don't see Britannic the same way. He has hope, and I don't. I can make the dives, but I don't think I can get past the Greek authorities and the owners of the wreck. If you read TLS or saw the program we did for the HC, they were not exactly cooperative, and we really played it down? At this point, I am not too tolerant of these people or their BS.

They care nothing about the wreck, the history, or the diving. These are not divers, and they do not deliver the access that they promise, and we divers pay for. If I am being unfair or too harsh, somebody who has dealt with these people and had a positive experience, please feel free to defend these guys?

By the way, I was there in 1998, before all these Foundations and Ministries, and it was a pleasant experience.

I just don't think I will be able to do business in Greece again? Richie is more optomistic because he is such a happy, carefree guy.

Cheers

JC

From the last show on HC I got the same impression of them as you....felt like they were yo-yo's with control issues. It's a shame really. I hope you and Richie get to dive it again. Maybe someone will set it all up and deal with the BS for you.:coffee:

JD,

I like that. Maybe I can get someone else to deal with ALL the BS in my life! No more mundane tasks like doing the laundry for me. What is Richie doing?

Cheers

JC

From the last show on HC I got the same impression of them as you....felt like they were yo-yo's with control issues. It's a shame really. I hope you and Richie get to dive it again. Maybe someone will set it all up and deal with the BS for you.:coffee:

Considering Richie said:

"Although I dont always agree with John, (lo and behold I have somehow made a career of that)"

....you might be better off doing your laundry yourself....:wink:

great book and well written. it took me back in time. my only "criticism' would be that it ended too quick. since the britannic expedition seemed to reveal the support for the theory, i wished it was covered more in the book.
i am aware that the book is about the titanic and not the britannic..... maybe its just whishful thinking.

great read.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom