Book Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer

Contributor
Reaction score
In a car underwater with time to kill....
# of dives
50 - 99
"Adventure On Dolphin Island," by Ellen Prager

I've been reading this to my daughter, and I have to say, this has to be one of the most poorly written books I've ever had the displeasure of reading. There's almost a complete lack of action throughout most of the book, then there's the preachy tone of the environmental stuff, and there are mundane thoughts that get repeated over and over within the same chapters. It almost seems like this author didn't have an editor, or if she had one, completely ignored their advice. There are moments of really good writing -- the opening action is well written, and there are flashes of brilliance in other spots, but all in all, it's such a tedious book, I found myself counting chapters and pages until the end.

There are other aspects of the story that are left dangling without explanation. I won't list them, because I don't want to spoil the book for someone else who might buy it, but there are a number of loose ends that the author would have done well to tie up.

On a scale of 1-5 stars, this book gets only one sad little star... *sigh*

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom