Booked my flights to bonaire!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have stayed at Buddy, Divi (timeshare and oceanfront) and BOA. Like BOA the best because is within walking distancew of town, a Buddy sattelite right out the back door of condo, lovely ocean views.

Look into some of the B&B's on the island that offer tanks and Truck. That's what id do next time. I'll never go back to Buddy.

If you are looking for something more layed-back, quiet, reasonable and very friendly, then call Kenny & Margaret at Coral Paradise Resort. It is a fairly new small resort (6 rooms) with nice rooms including kitchen with a partial ocean view and their dive package includes a truck. They will treat you like family.
They are right next door to Captain Don's which is who handles their diving. Coral Paradise Resort is even more convienent to Captain Don's dive shop than some of the rooms at Captain Don's. Of all the shore dives I did while on Bonaire, I enjoyed the house reef at Captain Don's more than any other, especially at night.

Have fun!!! We may be back again this winter. Still trying to decided between Roatan, Utila or Bonaire

I have stayed at Buddy and Divi (non timeshare side). The accommodations at Buddy were fine other than an old kitchen. Diving out front was GREAT. Divi has a nice reef as well though I found you could work yourself across a few dive sites during a dive at Buddy. Divi is nice for quick access to town for a bunch of great places to eat. The hotel side of Divi left a bit to be desired as they do not have ceiling fans which means AC probably needs to be used. That can lead to sinus issues in some. Divi has tanks out front so you can grab them and go though Buddy's system is really sweet. I plan to give Golden Reef a try next time I go though I am not sure when that will be.

Regardless, have fun and be safe!

The truth is you are going to have a blast no matter where you choose. I do however recommend the smaller places unless you like a little night life, then buddy becomes a choice I guess. I would look into Den Leman.

We stayed at Den Laman for our 2 week trip both this year and last year, and at this point, can't imagine staying anywhere else. Very clean, new, and small (16 units) with the studios being generously sized and reasonably priced if you're on a bit of a budget. The only potential inconvenience is the restricted hours of Bonaire Dive and Adventure. They open at 8:30 and close at 4:30, with air tanks on the pier being available until 9pm (nitrox is locked up at 4:30). We got around the restriction by simply always keeping 4-6 full tanks in our truck. This enabled us to dive whenever we wanted, and we were typically the first divers on any particular reef at 7-7:30am each morning (it was great!), and would be able to do 3 dives before going back to the condo for a late lunch. :)

Ended up at Den Laman in the 'Barracuda' unit. Pulled up some pictures of it and it looks like it will be amazing. Can't wait to be there, thanks every for your help, and thank you Andy @ BonairePros.com for getting me in and putting up with my questions!

Liked the look of Den Laman and friendly house staff. Main thing that's stopped me/us from staying there was crowd scene at the dock. I've thought might be a place to stay outside of the main season which I take to be December-April ish.this was based on a visit we did there in March of 2007. Don't think there would be an impact from cruise ships. Noticed that Eden Beach would be a drag during Cruise ship time and would avoid . This is just my take others may react differently.
Appreciate some solitude during my vacation, others may like the action :)

Liked the look of Den Laman and friendly house staff. Main thing that's stopped me/us from staying there was crowd scene at the dock. I've thought might be a place to stay outside of the main season which I take to be December-April ish.this was based on a visit we did there in March of 2007. Don't think there would be an impact from cruise ships. Noticed that Eden Beach would be a drag during Cruise ship time and would avoid . This is just my take others may react differently.
Appreciate some solitude during my vacation, others may like the action :)

I've stayed at Eden Beach 5 times in the last 3 years. When the cruise ships come in, it is crowded. The cruise ships charge around $35 to have a taxi take passengers to Eden Beach for the day. The parking lot can be a bit crowed with Taxi's. Most of us divers aren't laying around on the sand during the day, so that isn't really much of an issue. Remember, Eden Beach is the only beach resort on the island. It more of a problem to get through the cruise crowds in town if you're headed for a Southern dive. When the cruise ships come in port, we just load up tanks and head out, and usually return after the passengers have left Eden Beach, if not set sail.

Since Wannadive (at Eden Beach) has full tanks (both Air and Nitrox) available 24 hours a day/7 days a week, there is no problem with prior planning for dawn or night dives. I've only used Wannadive, no matter where I've stayed, and nothing but good to say about them. No reason to switch.

Wannadive does seem like a first rate outfit. Will hopefully use them someday. Eden may work fine for you. I'll pass as I've seen the cruise impact and yes i am sure you can avoid it but I can avoid it by not staying there too. Lots of choice on Bonaire. Also must admit that my staying in March timeframe may have reached its end too. 5 in a row but not sure I'll be back in March ever but never know just not planning it. Nice time but its busy and have enjoyed other times of the year more. I do like it more on the quiet side. Cruise ships have added a element of chaos to the place for ME. Maybe it will be Den Lamen in the summer or fall of next year. Although I am also giving consideration to Wannadive at windsock :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom