Booking a dive on Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aigtbootbp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I still haven't been able to pin down a day/days I will be able to go diving next month. Will I have any problems if I just call a place the day before to book something?

I have not had a problem in the past. Call Ed Robinson's. He has two boats that go out.

August is the second half of Hawaii's busiest 2 months with regards to number of visitors. In other words, if there is a year or years when July was not the busiest month, August was the busiest month, and if there is a year or years when August was not the second busiest month, July was the second busiest month.

:coffee:

Very often in August the best operators are fully booked more than a few days in advance, and also there could be special requests that seriously affect the choice of dive sites; like a significant group being OW certified, meaning no deep first dive or Deep or Wreck Specialty training, meaning both dives deep wreck.

What kind of diving floats your boat? Depending on where you are staying, what dives you like to dive and your rental gear requirements, there is no guarantee that day before booking will result in the best of diving. That said, as long as you don't make a phone booking with an operator on an Island other than Oahu, you will most likely be able to find a seat on "some" boat when booking the day before. :eyebrow:

I have not had a problem in the past. Call Ed Robinson's. He has two boats that go out.
How do I get hold of him?

Ed Robinson's is on Maui...I don't think they have an operation on Oahu.

Yup..... we can take bookings as long as you call us the day before. What's your level of certification and about how many dives do you have logged?

Mahalo,

G

AOW and Nitrox with about 50 dives. Not to worry Scotti, I just booked a dive with you for the 18th and will probably book more when I figure out how the heck we are going to do things once we get there. :D
So you know, I am Gary, the guy from Missouri.

FYI for everyone. Being the only diver on a vacation with friends can make dive scheduling difficult.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom