Booking LionAir flights, nightmare

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where possible fly in at least a day early, I have two nights booked prior to my next live-aboard to be sure we have our gear. Its a low cost (time and money) given the overall cost of the trip and will be nice to have a relax.

We have had QANTAS (a main stream airline) deliberately un-load our dive gear as the flight was 'too heavy'. The gear came the next day, and I assume they unloaded someone else's baggage...

Arriving a day earlier is a good idea but unfortunately taking an extra day off on top of a LOB can be quite difficult.

Flew with Qantas before. Me and a friend got to the front of the check-in desk after queuing for a while, only to be told that the flight was overbooked and there was one seat left. They put us on another flight, which was at least 40 minutes earlier than the flight we were supposed to take. Interesting experience being rushed through security line and immigration (read: queue jumping). Made it in the end. What they "forgot" to tell us though was that the other flight was not direct...

Flights with Lion Air cant be booked with a foreigner credit card. Still you can use Skyscanner or Momondo. If you are already in Indonesia K-markets will help you out to pay by ATM. Just ask around.

I've regularly booked lion air flights on their website using an Australian issued MasterCard - ironically I've had more hassles with Garuda's site lately.

Back
Top Bottom