Booties with a stiff sole for large feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billt4sf

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville GA, Wash DC, NY, Toronto, SF
# of dives
500 - 999
I have very soft feet. And, they are kinda big -- size 13 or 14 shoes (US) or 47 / 49 Europe sizing -- for SHOES. For booties, usually XL will not fit --- need XXL.

And I really want something that is hard and stiff -- not as hard as metal, but the typical booties leaves my feet really hurting going in over rocks and such.

I don't know really where to post this -- maybe some kind moderator will post it in the right place for me.

Thanks,

Bill

Performance Diver - Multi Function Boot

performancediver

Best booties I've used so far.

Try Hollis or ScubaPro rock boots

use neoprene socks with drysuit overboots. that's my go to method for booties since I can't find any that are wide enough

I would echo what others have said - neoprene "booties" or socks with a drysuit boot over the top. Especially for doing shore entries, booties on their own are near useless (particularly as the neoprene will slip on your foot once wet) and, given the issue I have with weak ankles due to numerous sprains on one of them, I need the extra support.

I have a similar issue with my feet UK12/13 so struggle to find something big enough. Ended up with fitted boots on the drysuit (just having to try to find fins to match the foot pocket atm but it looks like Apeks RK3 will do the job).

I have heard a number of people liking OTB (over the beach) boots which have drains in them (link) however I have no experience of them myself

We've got them. Call Rick at 877-728-2243 For pricing and availability.

Back
Top Bottom