Booze, Drugs, And Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@neuneu (it’s a funny nickname in French) maybe check local laws before to fly.

Looks like they may change the law again

Anyway you are not allowed to fly with substance so I guess you’ll know when you land if you can open shops selling some.

"Consensus"??

Try to do this in a country where they execute you for having any amount of drugs on you, just tell them it was "consensus" and see what happens. You will be the guy who will be getting in trouble and causing your buddy and dive mates lots of issues just because you think it was OK by consensuses to drink or take drugs before diving.
Burhan, respectfully, I don't think anybody is asking if there is a consensus over whether somebody should be executed for drinking alcohol or smoking weed. Or whether it's a good idea to try it in such a country. The question at hand is physiological (and maybe contractual), not a legal or a political one.

"Consensus"??

Try to do this in a country where they execute you for having any amount of drugs on you, just tell them it was "consensus" and see what happens. You will be the guy who will be getting in trouble and causing your buddy and dive mates lots of issues just because you think it was OK by consensuses to drink or take drugs before diving.
where are you getting this from?

I have been to many countries where weed is SUPER illegal. Ive been to some where weed is totally acceptable.

When I am in a place where weed is legal I smoke. When I am not, I don’t.

I live in california so the people I dive with regularly smoke often.

@neuneu (it’s a funny nickname in French) maybe check local laws before to fly.

Looks like they may change the law again

Anyway you are not allowed to fly with substance so I guess you’ll know when you land if you can open shops selling some.
Haha i didn’t know. Its an old nickname from highschool.

I never fly with drugs. Especially international. They aren’t so important to me that i would risk getting arrested

In 9 seasons of diving at Bikini Atoll, we observed a strong correlation between drinking the night before and getting bent. That is with aggressive tech profiles, but still food for thought.

In 9 seasons of diving at Bikini Atoll, we observed a strong correlation between drinking the night before and getting bent. That is with aggressive tech profiles, but still food for thought.
Absolutely seems to be a correlation. From what was said here dehydration looks like it plays a major factor.

I am a long way from diving aggressive tech profile (hopefully someday) but when I do, the dive will be much more important to me than having drinks the night before.

when I do, the dive will be much more important to me than having drinks the night before.
Are you admitting that there correlation between drinking alcohol and getting hurt in diving? What is the dividing line here or is it a matter of convenience?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom