Bowen Island diving info needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Les

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone dove at Bowen? I am heading over this upcoming weekend and would like any site info, access in/out at sites, and things to look & look out for.
thanks in advance,
Les

This is from a trip report I did last year. The details are rather fuzzy to me now but I recall it was similar to diving furry creek in many ways. Nice, but not exceptional.

Bowen Island Day Trip

March 14th saw Stuart, Dustin, Rob, Jason and myself heading over to Bowen Island for a day trip to the Mt. Gardner Govt. Docks.
We caught the 10am ferry and were suiting up by 11. Our first dive took us for a short surface swim to a small islet just right of the dock. Descending we came upon a small wall at about 50' and explored for a while. Then we set out towards Hut Island and, veering left, found a second smaller wall at about 70'. Stuart and Jason split at this point and found a small octo off to the right somewhere.
Dive two found us back at the wall but this time we went right to the point and explored a boulder field there. Again, Stuart and Jason went their own way and eventually found their way home again. Stuart caught a small Stubby Squid on video and we saw several Buffalo Sculpins, Moon snails and some other unidentified fauna.
The 4pm ferry saw us back in Abbotsford by 6 for supper.

Not a particularily "great" dive site but something different and sheltered with easy entry and exit points. No washroom either so go on the ferry if you have to

Back
Top Bottom