Boycott and Blame Shark Killers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveTheGalapagos

Contributor
Reaction score
I was a bit surprised that it was not as easy as one might think to find manufacturers using shark products. I don’t even purchase from a shop that carries shark products (like cartilage), but it seemed there should be more one could do. This new Facebook group is set up so the community can contribute research about companies who use shark products, sponsor shark tournaments and, in short, can hopefully become that elusive comprehensive list of who to avoid in order to diminish the demand and help end this atrocious practice. Dog chews!? Make-up?

And it’s not just the demand for shark fin products, but it’s also hard to believe that shark tournaments still happen all across the US. Just google shark tournament. Seek the sponsors of those tournaments and REFUSE TO GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS. Write to local city governments and chamber of commerces to protest this slaughter for sport. In the 'first world', how this practice is condoned or legal is beyond me. We can help bring it to an end as others have proven by protests, boycotting sponsors, etc.

Please add your voice so we become collectively a voice that is heard. Do not give shark killers your business. Help us know who that is and applaud those who have evolved and no longer use shark products.

Join the Facebook group: Boycott and Blame Shark Killers Boycott and Blame Shark Killers | Facebook

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom