Boycott Boca Dive!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boca Dive seems more interested in killing things than it is in hunting.

Ops like this give hunting a bad name, not just spearing and fishing.

The language on the website makes spearfisherman look stupid. The picture of the presumably speared sharks is a blatant exhibition of an illegal act in the geographic area where the shop is located.

It is almost incomprehensible that an individual would be so ignorant that he would attempt to use those pictures of illegally speared shark, a gut shot hogfish and idiotic statements in an honest attempt to market his services as a professional. If the guy is this devoid of good sense and ignorant of the most basic game laws, it indicates to me that it is highly unlikely that I would want to do business with the guy let alone go on a dive trip and literaly trust my life to his captaining skills.

Just sent them a message via their contact info:

"What do I look for when trying desperately to avoid your shop? Gut shooting fish, shooting nurse sharks and posting a photo on your website? When was the last time you drowned a bag of kittens Mr Master Scuba Diver Trainer? What a class act-NOT!"

Here's the link for anyone else who has a pair and wants to let them know your thoughts.
Boca Dive - Florida Dive Industries Inc.

The language on the website makes spearfisherman look stupid. The picture of the presumably speared sharks is a blatant exhibition of an illegal act in the geographic area where the shop is located.

It is almost incomprehensible that an individual would be so ignorant that he would attempt to use those pictures of illegally speared shark, a gut shot hogfish and idiotic statements in an honest attempt to market his services as a professional. If the guy is this devoid of good sense and ignorant of the most basic game laws, it indicates to me that it is highly unlikely that I would want to do business with the guy let alone go on a dive trip and literaly trust my life to his captaining skills.
Not everyone should be in business for themselves - he put thought, time, and effort into creating his website, in the hope of attracting customers (and if you go on the LDS's site, they fearure a pix of their "web guru" - looks like a real winner from the picture posted). Sorry, but stupid is stupid, and the whole site just turned me off - especially the page in question, which has now been changed.

But no word from the LDS in question - at the very least, he should have explained his actions, asked forgiveness, and plead stupid.

I suspect he did get a fair amount of publicity, just not the kind he wanted.

Ugh! Look up UGLY in the dictionary, and I believe you will find that picture. It fits all the definitions of UGLY!
Don't mind spearos; do abhor idiots...

I am thinking the LDS had a very bad day. I actually feel sorry for them. I doubt they are that sinister...

"Tree-huggin whiney douchebags" is a referece to the posters on ScubaBoard from a post on Spearboard.

ow ow stop that hurts my feelings please stop

dc

a little side track... have you seen the repair rates at this shop?:

first stage swivel surcharge.............$9
metal body second stage surcharge.......$9
servo controlled second stage surcharge.......$9

are you serious? Metal second stage surcharge

a little side track... have you seen the repair rates at this shop?:

first stage swivel surcharge.............$9
metal body second stage surcharge.......$9
servo controlled second stage surcharge.......$9

are you serious? Metal second stage surcharge

I don't think that's what's going to kill his business though, IJS.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom